Gold Coast away first round 2016

This game will be like a final.

Mini final?

I’ll be there.

Where do you stand?

Yeah seriously considering going, thinking of up on the Thursday, back on the Sunday. Was thinking of going through the AFL Travel Office but is it more cost effective to purchase airfares, accommodation and tickets separately?

Yeah seriously considering going, thinking of up on the Thursday, back on the Sunday. Was thinking of going through the AFL Travel Office but is it more cost effective to purchase airfares, accommodation and tickets separately?

The AFL get no money from me that I can avoid giving them.
Would rather not go than use AFL travel.

I'll be there.

Where do you stand?

If you like a beer , forward pocket scoreboard end, Sunset Bar.

Cops do hang around a bit though, o have to watch your p’s & q’s

Dons by 74

Dons by 74

Lid off?

Dons by 74
@Kozza
I'll be there.

Where do you stand?

If you like a beer , forward pocket scoreboard end, Sunset Bar.

Cops do hang around a bit though, o have to watch your p’s & q’s

Don the sash?

Pro tip: Buy a Tesla Model S, drive there for free* from Melbourne or Sydney

*excl. $90,000+ cost of car.

and the fact that the charging stations aren’t finished yet.

we have one NAB game in melbourne (princess park v fark carlton), one in Shepp and our last practice match is in perth. While it is probably handy to get a run in perth in warm conditions i guess we can look forward to a home game in May sometime.

Well one good thing about the Perth day game is that it will be good conditioning for Rnd 1 in Qld.

Someone tell Demps to cover his tatts on the way from the airport.

A NAB Cup final.

and the fact that the charging stations aren’t finished yet.

And electricity cost money

Meh. I think the bus setup works fine. But if that's not how you're used to going to and getting back from the footy you're free to hate it.

Parking near the Gabba has sucked forever too.

That’s exactly it. I’m used to driving in, parking in my favourite spot, driving home. Both at the G and Etihad. And when I do take public transport, it feels a lot easier.

But I love playing up there and spending a fortnight at burleigh heads.

Tiger has return flights for $220.

And given that Riolio and Ben are putting us all up accommodation’s free.

Don't think I can take going back to that pissant country town.

What the…? Please, DJ, I live in the country and it is 1/2 an hour drive to the nearest “country town”. When I walk down the street in my country town, I see old farmers and their wives, people who still say “G’day” and look you in the eye. Every ute has a dog or two on the back and the cattle trucks still go down the main street.

The Gold Coast is just a collection of “city-wannabes”, there is nothing country about it. Walk down the street on the GC and you will see the flotsam and jetsam of young sun worshippers that pass their way through and the leather-tanned senior citizens dying to escape from the colder southern climes. No one will look you in the eye and don’t try and say G’day to someone on the street. Although I did notice that every ute did have a dog in it, they just sit in the front seat down there, and whilst I didn’t see any cattle trucks go down the main street, someone mentioned that there was a lot of meat in the local bars and nightclubs. Is this where they take all our cows?

OK, maybe I used a little bit of /sarcastica font. :slight_smile:

I do not live in Burleigh Heads.