Golf and related musings

Golf’s equivalent of a “Mankad”? They play for keeps do the Norwegians. FWIW, I wouldn’t have conceded it either, but then I’ve always had chronic yips. Beware of assuming gifts from Norwegians?
Interesting to note that Suzanne Pettersen swears in very clear English.
The Euros won this battle but unfortunately the Septics got up to win the overall war so now they get to combine confected outrage and triumphalism.

PS Not sure why the Brit was in tears, didn’t seem to phase the Norwegian. But then that’s probably why Amundsen beat Scott to the South Pole.

You’ve gotta love Women’s golf, some real talent on the course and not bad golf either.
Lexi Thompson is one who really gets my interest, such a talented young lady :stuck_out_tongue:

The best looking thing in women’s golf? Just drool over this!

Oh, there’s a golf thread. Hi all.

Love golf, don’t get to play much. Chopped it today in first round in months.

Its that time of year for sure. Only had one round myself (an absolute shocker) but need to book a few more in to enjoy the season.

Anyone interested? Just need 1 more player

I’m not really into golf, so I thought I might go the related musings … anyone got one?

Don’t underestimate the significance of 56 year old Peter Senior’s victory in the Australian Masters, one of the Oz majors.
The old stager has a very simple message for our younger pros, YOU’RE ■■■■.
He’s been great…in the past…but seriously, he’s ■■■■■■■ 56!
Haven’t stopped smiling since I read about it.

Don't underestimate the significance of 56 year old Peter Senior's victory in the Australian Masters, one of the Oz majors. The old stager has a very simple message for our younger pros, YOU'RE ■■■■. He's been great...in the past...but seriously, he's ■■■■■■■ 56! Haven't stopped smiling since I read about it.
Somehow I very much doubt that.....golf is one of the very few sports where players don't talk trash to their competitors...I think Senior probably would have taken Evans aside (if he had the chance) and commiserated with him while passing on a few tips on how to do better next time.

But it was a great win by the old guy

How good was that result?!

He really does know how to read a course and manage his game. He would be an incredible caddy for some young prospect but unfortunately for them, he keeps on winning!

Huntingdale is Senior’s course. Has never missed the cut in around 30 starts.

Peter Senior travelled nicely at even through 5 holes… only to finish up shooting a 9 over 80 for the day. fair enough… he is an old man after all.

Ogilvy’s round summed up his form over the last 5+ years, when he’s hot, he’s hot but can never sustain it, even over 18 holes. Such a talented player who had unlimited potential after his major win but never fulfilled the promise.

Big payday for Leishman this week. $$

Man with a young family getting that sort of pay packet has certainly made things easier for himself.

Bit of talk about that Australia…and Melbourne, will hold the World Cup of golf next year…at Kingston heath…but, the Masters could be headed to Perth.

Reckon Day is a certainty to play in OZ next summer - After all their is fees/prizemoney for the World Cup.

Man with a young family getting that sort of pay packet has certainly made things easier for himself.

Bit of talk about that Australia…and Melbourne, will hold the World Cup of golf next year…at Kingston heath…but, the Masters could be headed to Perth.

Always handy to pick up the winners purse but given that he has already won over $14 million in the US, he’s probably not short of a dollar.
Reckon Day is a certainty to play in OZ next summer - After all their is fees/prizemoney for the World Cup.

His wife had a baby within the last month so it’s not surprising he didn’t come out this year.

Always handy to pick up the winners purse but given that he has already won over $14 million in the US, he’s probably not short of a dollar.

Not in response to your post above but They interviewed him on sen yesterday… They spoke of how he nearly lost his wife during the year (which wasn’t news) but he mentioned he decided to live a little and enjoy life and his time with his wife and family as they weren’t sure how things would pan out. Said he enjoys his good meal and a couple of beers as opposed to a strict diet and a religious fitness regime… He sounds like a regular easy going down to earth Aussie. Happy for him and his young family.

His wife had a baby within the last month so it’s not surprising he didn’t come out this year.

I am fully aware that Day’s wife had a baby and his wife previously suffered from post natal depression - And when you factor in the America’s importance given to Thanksgiving, which is always in the last week of November - But the fact is, Day hasn’t played that often in OZ in the last five years - As a MAJOR winner and World No 1 Day is a drawcard in OZ - Adam Scott has religiously played in OZ for his career, especially since he achieved success - It was rare for Greg Norman to miss an Australian summer, when he was playing full time.

It was Leishman’s wife who had a serious illness in March.

So you think it is Aussie golfers responsibility to promote the game here in Australia by coming back to play then?