Golf and related musings

Picked a bad time to move, no foxtel in the new place. Will have to find a “good” stream.

Day winning will be emotional as hell. Can see Spieth easily winning by 3-4 shots though. Kid has the Tiger woods type presence about him that scares competitors off. If day can hold close to him after 13-14 holes then it’s anyone’s.

Had money on both J Rose + M Warren…think the winner will come from day or spieth but would love to see the amateur hang on

Motivates me to practise again hard to turn up and play off 4 with no practise in the midst of winter!

And Zac Johnston wins in a play off from Leishman and Oosterhuizen.

Scott, Day and Leishman were all there at the end. Leishman had a bogey on the 17th I think after blasting a difficult shot out the bunker only to miss the 1 metre putt! Scott gave away 5 shots in the last 5 or so holes after being tied for the lead.

Good call Hegalf, I’m looking forward to the weather turning abit…Nothing like being on the course in the spring.

Struggling to understand why Adam went back to the broomstick. He seems to putt better without it.

Sooner or later he wins one of these, as does Jason. Was yelling at him to get that last putt to the hole; that’s a slow putt for everybody.

I fluked a hole in one as 12 year old playing on a course in the Canadian Rockies. It looked like golf might be my sport.

I reckon in the proceeding 20 years, I've barely ever made the green in one. Somehow, I was a better golfer at age 12.

Awesome game, but also a c*nt of a game.

I made my first one at 17, and then another one about 9 months later.

In the 20 years since, I’ve become a far, far better player but I have yet to make a third one.

Still, I have two more than my older brother, a scratch player since his teens.

Aces are a funny thing like that.

Jason Day too good and takes the Canadian Open. PGA Championship is 2 weeks away now and he’s looking good.

Amazing the difference between the Aussies plying their trade overseas on the tennis circuit as apposed to the golfing circuit.

Lleyton, Scud, Tomic & Kyrgios all on the outer with the Australian public while Day, Scott, Leishman, Bowditch and others all provide amazing examples of world class but humble guys plying their trade. Allenby obviously the exception but Day, Leishman and Bowditch have all had big obstacles to overcome and Adam Scotts great attitude after his on course implosions despite being a golden boy is top class in my book.

I’m not sure about how both sports are funded and players supported in our country but interesting case study especially as both sports reward the top 100-125 players in the world in similar ways.

Pity that Jason Day doesn’t support the Oz golf season. His wife is having another baby in November.

Anyone in here heard anything about Carlol??

Heard he shops at Bunnings…

This headline had me excited for a moment.

‘Ding dong the witch is dead’

Jason Day wins again…he has now won 3 of his last four starts and looks to have taken his game to the next level.

Jason Day wins again...he has now won 3 of his last four starts and looks to have taken his game to the next level.

Amazing young man. He could well be in career high form at the moment - just blew them away this week. I’d love to see some really epic tussles between Rory, Jason and Jordan Spieth next year in the majors.

crap thought this was a new carlisle thread

edit dammit BD

Well done to Jason Day, world Number 1.

Deserves this…an absolute machine

Watched a bit over the weekend… just amazing. He hasn’t done it easily with persistent back and thumb injuries as well as vertigo! Well done and I hope he can stitch up a $10 million payday next week.

Well done to Steve Bowditch as well on making the TOUR Championship. He’s had his own battles as well…

Deserves this...an absolute machine
Hopefully it means good things for Australian golf, it's been in a slump for a while now.
Deserves this...an absolute machine
Hopefully it means good things for Australian golf, it's been in a slump for a while now.

Could be a brand new Day for it?