Golf and related musings

Had a great moment today . Tee shot on the 13th, ball hit the flag and we all instantly thought I aced it. Ball seemed to hit the flag and went straight in the hole
Man hugs, hootin and hollerin and hi fives all round. Then we got down there. Lol we were all certain it went in. Lol

8 Likes

Probably a $150 shot anyway NTP and a pro pin too on that hole. Pretty exciting when I thought I aced it

1 Like

Kudos!! That is some shot. Yardage?

Probably 135?

1 Like

Had a nice down wind on some holes today. Hit my longest drive which blew my mind. 284m which I think is there about to 310yds. Was stoked.

2 Likes

That’s a bomb!

1 Like

LIV tournament in Adelaide practically a sellout with corporates left only. They go on sale tomorrow to the general public but managed to get my son tickets to the Beach Club for all 3 days. He’s a bit of a golf nut and was keen to go so we promised him when the event was announced we would get them for his birthday.

1 Like

Complete fkd my pitch into the green tho. Had a 5 lol

2 Likes

Goes without saying. I mean it is golf isn’t it …

2 Likes

Hard hard game to master. Saturday double bogey’ed 1/18 holes. Sunday, had 4 doubles and a triple.

2 Likes

If only they hadn’t cored the greens :wink:

Yes , well spotted!

1 Like

G’day all,

Heading to the LIV gig in April and looking to book a round the Monday after. May have left it abit late but were there any course recommendations around the city area ? Forked out the coin for Glenelg the Thursday before so preferably somewhere a bit cheaper!

You might have left it late as there are thousands of international and interstate visitors coming over and many courses booked solid. What area you looking at?

Yeah expecting it to be difficult to snag something now! Pretty flexible on location, preferably within an hour or 2 from the city.

I think there is probably 20-30 courses minimum within a hour or so of the city region but if they are all booked you might try something a bit further out like Mt Osmond, Mt Barker, Gawler or the Barossa Way. A couple of not bad ones down South either. I’m not a regular golfer so don’t know what fees etc are like

1 Like

Just booked tickets to the Open at Royal Liverpool in July.

That’ll be 2 majors ticked off the list.

8 Likes

If you’ve got a car and are willing to drive an hour or so - Links Lady Bay & Mt Compass are two cracker courses. Both public & and feature in the top 100 courses in Aus. Round at each will set you back about $60-70 for memory.

As for Metro courses - Blackwood, The Vines and Tea Tree Gully are all good fun.

1 Like

Was down in the South East for work this week. My golfing mates said I absolutely have to play Robe GC. Long story short they break the course in 3 x 6-hole sections - The Ocean 6, The Dune 6 & The Town 6.

In 2019 they hired Crafter & Mogford to re-do The Dunes 6 and it’s honestly world class. You walk up into the dunes and are greeted by the following. You can hear the ocean breaking about 100 metres away and have an unbelievable panoramic view of Robe itself. Photos wont do it justice but it’s unreal.

7 Likes

Hmmm…that looks like golf ball eating country to me :wink:

5 Likes