Golf and related musings

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1666085873337925636?s=46&t=B37I-PG_gj4DgD8R7d_-4Q

I did not see that coming!
Neither did half the pgatour players it seems!

1 Like

This doesnā€™t make any sense at all.

Jay Monaghan just made the exact deal he was so critical of all these players making.

One for the ages this about face.

Formats will be interesting next year. Just hope that Australia will be on the map in some way shape or form.

https://twitter.com/livgolfnation/status/1666159059265781782?s=46&t=RsLfvQMH5xMnM4Kiy6dOEA

Sounds like the LIV team format is staying and any existing LIV contracts for overseas tournaments will be honoured so Adelaide will get to see a full event which will be awesome

1 Like

Wonder which teams Rory, Scottie and Tiger will play for in the Masters next year :joy:

So basically there will be a World Tour/LIV type events played in Oz, Middle East, Europe, US with the best of the best, then bog standard PGA Tour events & bog standard Euro/DP events?

No details. I doubt LIV will be ā€˜best of the bestā€™ probably just players from there can go back to the pga tourā€¦ but just guessing

The Z Files: Building an Aceless Staff

2 Likes

Americans always sellout. After posturing a moral high ground.

3 Likes

Sounds like the PGA players are LIVid about the turnabout

1 Like

Imagine turning down 300 million for the moral high ground only to see it ripped out from under you.?

1 Like

Or 800m in Tigerā€™s case

They will still get itā€¦ saudiā€™ funsing world golf nowā€¦ Rory etc will get it nowā€¦ just via the pga tour not Liv

lmao no they wonā€™t

why would they continue to offer 9-figure contracts when thereā€™s no other alternative?

3 Likes

Sad but accurate.

Wonder which media outlets will follow suitā€¦

That would be part of the deal to get it doneā€¦ you are kidding yourself is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Taylor Gooch gets to come back to the pga tour woth $50m and arory and Rahm dont get paid.

Deals are give and take. It is simply the money they would have needed to pay all the Liv guys again in 3 yearsā€¦ LiV isnt getting this for nothing. Will cost them billionsā€¦ but money well spent gicen their needs

Boys let me have the morning off, preparation for retirement. Had a bash. Played absolutely
S hite.
Maybe keep working.

4 Likes