Good Friday Footy

Don't give it to Norf. Just for the spazz Brayshaw will chuck

Give it to literally any other two Melbourne clubs so they'll draw 50k at the absolute most and make all the clubs stfu about ANZAC Day.

With any luck, penalties rates will screw them, the media will say ANZAC Day took a while to take off too (it didn't), extending this folly, and Gillon Mcfarkface looks like a tool.

Edit:  Good morning, everyone.  Such a lovely day.

Whoever plays will end up with massive crowds and a blockbuster game if they are the only show in town.

It would be like Anzac Day was in the beginning.

Rotate it through St Kilda, Melbourne, Footscray and North Melbourne then.

If they crack 50k 'll buy you a counter lunch at the pub.

I hope we don't get Good Friday, I want us to keep ANZAC day and that's it.

Dreamtime is different. It was the brainchild of Sheeds as a way of expressing awareness and thankfulness among other things to the aboriginal community, it is almost as a sign of respect to Sheedy who really did a massive amount of work to recruit indigenous footballers. He coached us and played for those ■■■■■■.

Dreamtime was born not on the back of huge crowds. ANZAC day drew 95k in its first game. AFL saw it as a massive money maker and then put us and the pies always on that day. Sheeds and Greg Swann then said we should use it as a day to recognise all war veterans. Think it was around 98/99 when they first started doing the lap of honour for the war vets?

Give it to literally any other two Melbourne clubs so they'll draw 50k at the absolute most and make all the clubs stfu about ANZAC Day.

With any luck, penalties rates will screw them, the media will say ANZAC Day took a while to take off too (it didn't), extending this folly, and Gillon Mcfarkface looks like a tool.

Whoever plays will end up with massive crowds and a blockbuster game if they are the only show in town.

The enormous supporter bases of both clubs probably helped.

Mate, half the supporters can't get in because of theatre goers.

If you are the only show in town your supporter base is not that significant imo.

Theatre goers will not go to see North Melbourne vs St Kilda.

We'll see if teams like North and Bulldogs can maintain a big crowd in the following years.  There will always be hype around the first one.

We'll see if teams like North and Bulldogs can maintain a big crowd in the following years.  There will always be hype around the first one.

They'd probably manage 60 - 70k, and I imagine they, and their bank managers, would be happy with that. If you want to restrict things to clubs that will pull 90k year after year after year, you will have to reduce the league to about a 5 - 6 team comp.

Rotate it through St Kilda, Melbourne, Footscray and North Melbourne then.

If they crack 50k 'll buy you a counter lunch at the pub.

Put on a four-team double header with both games back to back and you'll still struggle.

Actually: Good Friday should be the day my dream fixture comes together. An entire round of footy on one day. Not at the same ground, but first game at 6am, last game at 10pm or whatever. Live footy marathon.

They'd probably manage 60 - 70k, and I imagine they, and their bank managers, would be happy with that. If you want to restrict things to clubs that will pull 90k year after year after year, you will have to reduce the league to about a 5 - 6 team comp.

Not all things, just ANZAC day. If we are consistently doing 85k+, why give it to others who won't even get near that?

Actually: Good Friday should be the day my dream fixture comes together. An entire round of footy on one day. Not at the same ground, but first game at 6am, last game at 10pm or whatever. Live footy marathon.

Start in NZ and finish in Perth.

Happy with Anzac day, Happy with Dreamtime, If they are playing out of Etihad let the dogs or Norf have it. So it may come down to either A) Whats good for football and having the lower based teams - should prob say smaller fan based teams - play on good friday. OR B ) Looking after their own personal KPIS - TV audience crowd figures etc which if you throw essendon in could bring in higher ratings and crowds, Personally i hope its A) we worked hard for anzac and dreamtime.

Dreamtime is different. It was the brainchild of Sheeds as a way of expressing awareness and thankfulness among other things to the aboriginal community, it is almost as a sign of respect to Sheedy who really did a massive amount of work to recruit indigenous footballers. He coached us and played for those ■■■■■■.

Dreamtime was born not on the back of huge crowds. ANZAC day drew 95k in its first game. AFL saw it as a massive money maker and then put us and the pies always on that day. Sheeds and Greg Swann then said we should use it as a day to recognise all war veterans. Think it was around 98/99 when they first started doing the lap of honour for the war vets?

I thought it was Sheeds and Allan McAllister who took it to the AFL.

Start in NZ and finish in Perth.

Now we're getting places.

The enormous supporter bases of both clubs probably helped.

Mate, half the supporters can't get in because of theatre goers.

If you are the only show in town your supporter base is not that significant imo.

The supporter bases of both clubs made sure the attendances in the first few ones were massive.

Now there's theatre-goers.

So much butthurt on SEN.

So much butthurt on SEN.

Is the north member upset?

Could not give a stuff if we a drawn to play in a Good Friday blockbuster or not.

What I love about these reports in the ■■■■■■■■ and moaning it has already drawn from Peter Gordon. Guess old Petey thought that after he did a hatchet job on us late last season on behalf of the AFL he and the Bulldogs were owed some favours from the AFL Executive.

Think again Petey, doesn't matter how many favours you do for the AFL if your club is still completely irrelevant!!

I want us to get Good Friday just to stick it in Peter Gordon's craw.

you've had too much...

I thought it was Sheeds and Allan McAllister who took it to the AFL.

I don't remember exactly now, but think Kevin came up with the idea while he was doing some gardening (think he said at the time), then approached Collingwood and they put it to the AFL.

Don't want the Good Friday game, and from reading the article, it appears that AFL want Essendon, it does not even mention what Essendon think or want.

Would like North and Bulldogs to get it, it may stop them whining for awhile.