Good Friday footy?

North v Dogs we are hearing.
Could possibly be two games, one late arvo, one night. Sydney and Adelaide to host one potentially on rotation

Good to see Polo boy getting the hang of this already.

Those clubs need donations more than the Hospital.

You donate, by turning up to the game. 

"Give, so that little Libba here can finally see what 50,000 people looks like."  

meh.

nothing changes. the only real blockbusters each year are Ess v Pies on ANZAC day and our dreamtime game. (the only other game I would say was great fixturing for the AFL was Tigers V Carlton as game one in the first round which genuinely generated talk and excitement and added to the rivalry - but the AFL shut it down.. stupid)

The rest are utterly boring and I don't go or even watch. If they put the Kangas, bulldogs or any other minnow in the blockbuster game, Good Friday will continue to be a peaceful day off and AFL sabbatical for me.

The Norf and Bulldogs players will be manning the phones getting RCH donations before the game. Business as usual for them as both teams rely on handouts to survive.

#farkcarlton

Bulldogs v Nth at Arden st...would sell out

Let the poor clubs play so we can remind them how insignificant they are in the AFL and how much they rely on us to survive.

I have to laugh when Brayshaw says North should get it for blah blah reason, and someone asked him on radio last week, but we want a blockbuster game so the crowd turns up, to which his response was something like, that's why we should play Carlton, cos we regularly get 40-45 thousand to these games. I had to laugh.

Seeing as tho the rich clubs are pretty much now having to make money for the poorer clubs anyway, it doesn't make sense to give it to ■■■■ drawing sides, might as well play collingwood and carlton on that day, That way teams like North will make more moeny from the rich clubs, rather than hosting it themselves.

Should be Fremantle Vs Port Adelaide in Darwin.

Clash of traditional AFL rivals on the hallowed and sacred turf of TIO Stadium.

There could be 2 games...1 in Melbourne and 1 in Sydney.

Discussion about Sydney v Melbourne at the SCG as 1 of the likely matches

Wouldn’t a showdown or derby make the most sense? I’m assuming they actually want decent crowds for these games.

Wouldn't a showdown or derby make the most sense? I'm assuming they actually want decent crowds for these games.

You seem to be confused. Crowds are determined purely by fixturing, not by individual drawing power.

Those clubs need donations more than the Hospital.

You donate, by turning up to the game.
"Give, so that little Libba here can finally see what 50,000 people looks like."

He loves pingers so much he probably thinks he sees 50 k people in his ■■■■■■ loungeroom.

Good Friday football. What took so long?

1 Like

Good Friday always seemed an ironic name for me when Christians celebrated a myth of some-one getting nailed to a cross etc, etc

But now; Beer, steak on the BBQ and footy on the TV, it is a Good Friday !

1 Like

Which Christian group eats only pancakes on Good Friday? Or is it that they can’t eat pancakes today? So many rules.

Only eating pancakes sounds terrible.

All that maple syrup.

Torture.

All day pancakes would be tough…

Been ages since I’ve heard, or thought of Pancake Tuesday. It did flash in the synapses that it was on Shrove Tuesday, . which I remembered had religious connotations, but that was it. There’s a bit about it here I never new, . including that “Mardi Gras” is actually French for “Fat Tuesday”, … learn something new everyday …

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shrove Tuesday (also known in Commonwealth countries as Pancake Tuesday or Pancake day) is the day in February or March immediately preceding Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent), which is celebrated in some countries by consuming pancakes. In others, especially those where it is called Mardi Gras or some translation thereof, this is a carnival day, and also the last day of “fat eating” or “gorging” before the fasting period of Lent.

This moveable feast is determined by Easter. The expression “Shrove Tuesday” comes from the word shrive, meaning “absolve”.[1] Shrove Tuesday is observed by many Christians, including Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists and Roman Catholics,[2] who “make a special point of self-examination, of considering what wrongs they need to repent, and what amendments of life or areas of spiritual growth they especially need to ask God’s help in dealing with.”[3]

Being the last day of the liturgical season historically known as Shrovetide, before the penitential season of Lent, related popular practices, such as indulging in food that one sacrifices for the upcoming forty days, are associated with Shrove Tuesday celebrations, before commencing the fasting and religious obligations associated with Lent. The term Mardi Gras is French for “Fat Tuesday”, referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.

So can we lay into the pancakes or not?

Yeah, ignore BSD, pancakes > boombahs