Grand Final spectacle

May as well bring back Angry Anderson and the Batmobile.

Of course AFL would’ve loved JT or Robbie, but obv they wanted too much coin. Couldn’t afford more than 500k after Vlad’s bonus.

Of course AFL would've loved JT or Robbie, but obv they wanted too much coin. Couldn't afford more than 500k after Vlad's bonus.

Assuming Gil is following suit in his pay scale too

Get Maroochy Barambah in.

Don’t give a ■■■■ normally as I’m usually so tanked it doesn’t matter. The best of recent years was Lionel Richie.

Get Iron Maiden.

They have their own plane as well!

It is not unusual for the AFL to pick someone like Tom Jones

why why why

Apparently Gary Ablett fancies himself as a rapper.

Let's get him up doing some Hillsong Gold Coast shizz.

That I'd like to see.

Apparently Gary Ablett fancies himself as a rapper.

Let's get him up doing some Hillsong Gold Coast shizz.

That I'd like to see.

Maybe Nathan Lovett-Murray can sign him on his hip hop label

I'd rather have some proven performer like Tom Jones than an insipid and forgettable bit of Australian dreck like last year.

Disclaimer: the Meatloaf experiment notwithstanding

I'm surprised Ch7 aren't offering up the services of Redfoo or Ronan Keating.

Seriously though, Tom Jones sounds a bit "Midday Show with Ray Martin" to me.  You need to have top notch entertainment (or as close to it) as this is the one game of the year that gets the international attention so we need to look beyond it being just our Grand Final and treat it as a major international sporting event.  As with any other international sporting event we host, it should do Melbourne and Australia proud. A complete package of good football and half time entertainment is a must and the AFL shouldn't baulk at spending money on a major current artist to really put the international spotlight on AFL football.

It is hard to create a spectacle during the day, so they should give a night GF a go at least one year, and all going well, maybe even alternate between day and night in the years after that.

Can I just ask a question - do some of you actually have the sound up for the first slab or two before the bounce??

This is genuinely eye-popping news to me.

I'm surprised Ch7 aren't offering up the services of Redfoo or Ronan Keating.

Seriously though, Tom Jones sounds a bit "Midday Show with Ray Martin" to me.  You need to have top notch entertainment (or as close to it) as this is the one game of the year that gets the international attention so we need to look beyond it being just our Grand Final and treat it as a major international sporting event.  As with any other international sporting event we host, it should do Melbourne and Australia proud. A complete package of good football and half time entertainment is a must and the AFL shouldn't baulk at spending money on a major current artist to really put the international spotlight on AFL football.

It is hard to create a spectacle during the day, so they should give a night GF a go at least one year, and all going well, maybe even alternate between day and night in the years after that.

Call me naive, but I couldn't care less what the international audience thinks or wants. Do we really need a 'spectacle' that seeks to mimic every other 'spectacle' in terms of all of the peripheral BS that seemingly attempts to overshadow the game itself? Oh look how great our production is - just like yours - and we've even hired some of your major stars to make you feel at home and familiar with it all.

As for night Grand Finals, no thanks. Oh, but I forgot, it's all about the MONEY isn't it!    

Why dont they get The Living End?

They're great live and will pump up the crowd

Not the worst idea. It needs to be that style of band - AC/DC etc. 

Not the worst idea. It needs to be that style of band - AC/DC etc. 

only if they play stuff from the first album. theyve been rubbish ever since then

Midnight Oil for me. make it happen Gil.

Yes!!
Said this to my wife a couple of weeks ago when I heard they were reforming

Yes!!

still gives me goosebumps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCL_kT1G1s

Yes!!

still gives me goosebumps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCL_kT1G1s

WHY ARE YOU PAYING FOR THIS?

Midnight Oil playing “Hercules” would do nicely.