Grass

One question to the OP, what type of soil are you on, clay, sandy?

Not great, fair bit of clay with some top soil. Thinking of putting a cubic metre of top soil on pre rollout of turf

Not great, fair bit of clay with some top soil. Thinking of putting a cubic metre of top soil on pre rollout of turf

Good idea, what soil type you have will determine how successful the turf is and how much effort you need to put in to keep it healthy. I'm on the sandbelt so the soil here is ideal. Perhaps you should take a walk around the neighbourhood and see which lawns are flourishing?

Well that was a waste of time. Thread should be called "Lawn"

1 Like

Shh, it's code boot
1 Like

misleading title

Talking about grass !!

My Wife purchased a property recently to turn into a medical centre. Of course, along with number one son, we had to do all the hard work of clearing the backyard to build the carpark.  Well, we knocked down the old sheds and garage and got a guy with a digger in to scoop of the rubbish and flatten the place.  Left a small part for a garden of sorts.

Anyway we sprayed everything with roundup and after a few weeks a few very distinguishable plants popped up.

739932-marijuana.jpg

Think we may leave them for a while, after all it is a medical centre and the weeds will be used for therapeutic purposes only.

2 Likes

A for-lawn chance.

1 Like

FLAGRANT FALSE ADVERTISING

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43570

i followed most of this guys advice, my grass came up like a treat. in the front yard i did a blend of empire and buffalo and they seemed to complement each other well. out the back i had just buffalo. i lived in one of those poxy new estates where the soil is ■■■■, so had to get in a fair bit of organic top soil and rotary hoe it nice and deep. TWSS

he's all about making the soil healthy and not having to feed the lawn itself. lots of organics, seasol, molasses. 

Grass (weeds) slowly dying, now I gotta get a rotary hoe to pull it all up and then relay the new stuff sometime later.

Yep, I think the concept of feed the soil not the plant is pretty accurate.

if the weeds are dead, jsut hoe that ■■■■ in too. the more organic matter the better. 

also get a plate compactor to get the ground flat before you put the turf down, i skimped on that bit and it started to sink in spots after a few months. 

Fat ■■■■■■■.

How about the fake lawn?

How about the fake lawn?

Probably costs more than the real stuff. Probably needs to be professionally laid onto a similare base as pavers ( fucked if you change your mind). Gets ■■■■■■ hot and can stay damp like carpet. Pluss it ain't biodegradable in any capacity.
1 Like

fake lawn makes baby jesus cry.

1 Like

There's one on the nature strip a couple of streets away from me. It really looks horrible.

There's one on the nature strip a couple of streets away from me. It really looks horrible.

wait til the weeds start poking through it.

anyway, i killed all the grass off, then couldnt get the ho in time, then had some stuff come up. then fark me dead, the grass has started growing back, and it looks better than before. not sure what to do.

Just concrete it people!

1 Like