Grass

Put this down about 3 weeks ago,
Sir Walter Buffalo. Im surprised not many people on here seem to like it, its what everyone recommended to us and so far looks really nice.

1 Like

Thought about spraying some weed n feed, let it do it’s thing, then throwing some new Grass seed over it and a light top dress??

(If you too have a lot of clay, some clay breaker as well before the seed)

Yeah,… it’s very much Horses for courses.

Soil type, acidity levels, shade/sun etc.

I bet it was everyone in your local or nearby n/hood that recommended it? Sounds like it thrives in your area.

Nah, need to rotary hoe it and get that’s sand in. It’s northcote clay. Great for making bricks, not for growing turf.

1 Like

Nah just people from work and my in laws!

But agree, I think id be happy with most types as long as it looks nice and green.

1 Like

Hmmm. Just remembered the Community garden in NC was part of a Uni study testing for Lead, and the results weren’t great. Other testing in the area the same.

On the back of that a few friends in northern Melbs removed the top 6 inches of their lawns/open ground and started from scratch.

Exy, but it value adds on the property, like putting a reco motor in a used car, just have to keep the receipts.

1 Like

In my estate it’s all clay land. So many yard are just rock/pebble with yakkas, cement or full of weeds with struggling grass.

1 Like

Don’t say that - I just laid Sir Walter on clay! Two weeks in and so far so good. 50ml garden soil underneath With a good dose of gypsum underneath. All in shade. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

as long as you lay enough good soil on top of the clay it shouldn’t be an issue.
My parents live onto of an old clay, the area is notorious for its hard grounds. They put down enough top soil and their buffalo has grown just fine.

goodluck

1 Like

What’s wrong with green concrete ?

Nothing, … as long as you only use a rubber gutser … :smirk:

1 Like