Great movies (apparently) that you've never seen

Which is lucky because my “Back to Back” tape and VHS player wore out decades ago…

Yeah fun in 85 but no stress, nothing beats the adrenalin rush of the 84 final quarter!

5 Likes

SPOILERS!!!

6 Likes

Is there a books version of this thread?

I reckon I have a good half dozen from classics to highly rated I’ve been meaning to read.

Started and never finished etc etc

Teaser!!!

3 Likes

There will be if/when you start it :wink:

ABC coommentary is the best

Great list, including two of my all-time favourites: L’Ours and Dances with Wolves. Also really like the three late period Kurosawas (Dersu Uzala, Ran and Kagemusha). I recently watched High and Low and The Quiet Duel (directed by Kurosawa) and thought both were very good. High and Low is a great detective film, in my opinion.

One little thing to pull you up on though; Grave of the Fireflies is not a Miyazaki.

Also, I read somewhere once that the character Dersu Uzala was the inspiration for Yoda. I can see it.

1 Like

The Departed
The Hateful 8
The Revenant
Once upon a time in Hollywood
The talented Mr Ripley
The Aviator
Terms of Endearment
Sophie’s Choice

But I really do like Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio. Go Figure.

But I have seen Naked Lunch and the Sound of Music. Not at the same time. That’d be awkward if I got the two mixed up. Talking bum typewriters and all.

Game of Thrones. Much talk around me, but no time to watch

1 Like

There’s heaps of… scenery

I’ve had countless Saturday’s where I’ve thought “right in gonna watch all The Godfather movies” but never have.

Good idea. You would need a break in between to digest, perhaps over a meal, so go morning, afternoon evening. I know Godfather 3 is never spoken of in the same hushed tones as 1 & 2, but l think it stands up well. IIRC there was an article a year or so ago saying that Part 3, was going to be edited again. I haven’t heard anymore so l don’t know if that has happened yet.

If you want to ■■■■ of a troll create popular threads in his honour

as I understand you … I haven’t seen a lot of good films this way lol

Yep - just overacted and tried too hard in this film.

1 Like