Great movies (apparently) that you've never seen

Yeah…in the early sixties. Probably afterwards on TV. It’s not part of my DVD collection.

I preferred the “I’m Sorry, I’ll Read That Again” version where Lady Constance bought t’mill in Yorkshire so she could house her German shepherds.

They then broke into song “the mills are alive with the hounds of Munich”.

2 Likes

He might not be the smartest tool in the shed.

He could still be the sharpest though.

14 Likes

LOL. I DID THAT TOO!

Gone with the Wind
Casablanca

Will get around to watching them at some point, but just haven’t yet.

1 Like

They’re terrible.

You’re missing absolutely nothing.

“Debbie does Dallas” for the old codgers?

1 Like

Requiem For A Dream.

2 Likes

The Piano

2 Likes

2001 A Space Odyssey
Sound Of Music
The Dish
Strictly Ballroom
127 hrs
Love Actually
Elf
Bridget Jones’s Diary
Indecent Proposal
A Star Is Born 2018, 1976
The Hitcher 1986
The Ring
Metropolis
Citizen Kane
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Last Tango in Paris

The Cook the Thief, the Wife and her Lover
Hannibal Lecter
Any other film involving sadistic cannibalism

1 Like

Same, haven’t seen any of them

Judging by this post, you might be the dumbest person on this board, and there is some decent competition too.

As if you couldn’t tell pick up the sarcasm.

2 Likes

I have

The Third Man.

Something I don’t like confessing due to the disbelief and disgust I receive when I admit to it…but…

I’ve never seen a Star Wars movie. Ever. Not one.

Im 42, so I’m probably prime age to be a fan, but I just never came across them as a kid.

I have an older sister, so as a kid, I saw Anne of Greengables more times than any man should. But zero star wars.

When I was about 20, someone convinced me to hire out the first one, which he tried to explain was the fourth one or something, so I did. I just remember a heap of writing on the screen banging on about some long winded ■■■■■ I could not follow, so I switched it off.

Im a simpleton.

For the record, Ive never eaten a potato cake either. Both of these facts tend to get the same look of disgust and disbelief when I confess theses sins to people.

2 Likes

Anything released before about ‘93.
Havent even heard of half the movies people have posted so gonna presume i havent seen em

And, don’t judge me on this.

But when everyone else went to the Dachau concentration camp, me and a buddy went 10 pin bowling and drinking with some locals girls.

Fair to say it was hard to match the mood of our friends who went to Dachau when we got back to the bar that night.

1 Like

You are missing out on some great cinematography , plus the interaction between Alida Valli, Joseph Cotten and Orson Welles, plus a great Graham Greene script.
Plus Anton Karras’ zither music.
And never has a bouncing ball carried more suspense
And that line about what Austria delivered to European culture …
Carol Reed’s best film - as understated as Lawrence of Arabia is OTT.

2 Likes

Read the book first.

I really should see it.
That’s why it came to mind for the thread.

1 Like