Great movies (apparently) that you've never seen

Harry potter movies (books as well)
Indiana Jones

Never even heard of it let alone seen it. Wouldnā€™t even know what a misic sounds like.

These lists are always interestingā€¦I sit here and wonder how people havenā€™t watched any Indiana Jones or James Bond or Harry Potter movies.

And then I realise that they probably think the same about me not having watched The Godfather, The Green Mile and/or The Shawshank Redemption.

If youā€™re one of the ones in the first paragraphā€¦all I can say is youā€™re weird.

If youā€™re in the second paragraphā€¦youā€™re weird.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I am in the swoods group hereā€¦(although have only seen one Bond film)

I only watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom to humour a child who insisted it was right up my alley - she was prescient as I got into all the action, just like the kids matinees of my childhood.
I also watched the Lion the Witch and the Watdrobe on her recommendation and got involved in the action

Iā€™ve watched (and loved) all the movies mentioned in that first and second paragraph :joy:

2 Likes

Anyway, thereā€™s about a million films that I ā€œshouldā€ have seen but havenā€™t. But I have seen TSOM.

Hmmmā€¦does that mean the first weird cancels out the second weird?

1 Like

Freddy Got Fingered

1 Like

Make your daddy proud.

a few years ago the co-residents of the sharehouse i was in were flabbergasted when i told them this. we set ourselves up for a weekend long marathon of all six. at the end of the phantom menace i loudly declared how fkng sht it was and that we should spend the rest of the weekend doing something else.

i donā€™t have a memory of deliberately watching episodes 4 to 6 at any point in my life, but i am 90% confident i could describe the plot of all three in medium detail.

as per thread topic - none of the lord of the rings. i generally detest movies where i am fond of the book because iā€™m happy with my own imaginary memories of how it played out, and rather than be an angry manchild about it on review sites and social media i just donā€™t go see them.

1 Like

Citizen Kane*
Schindlerā€™s List*
Forrest Gump**
One Flew Over The Cuckooā€™s Nest*
12 Angry Men*
The Green Mile**

*Iā€™ll get around to them one day
**Tom Hanks

Me neither.

Never had the desire to watch it because I know what happens (the boat sinks).

1 Like

Thatā€™s a unique double my friend.

1 Like

This is the problem, you started with TPM.

You have to realise that pretty much anything that isnā€™t 4-6 is rubbish and was made to cash in on the popularity/longevity of the first 3.

To try and watch them 1, 2, 3 etc is setting yourself up to hate them.

There are apparently a number of preferred orders to watch them (with various ones being skipped entirely), but to be honest you should just watch ā€œStar Warsā€ (FK this ā€œepisode 4: a new hopeā€ sht, at the movies it was ā€œStar Warsā€). And if possible you should watch an early version (without the cgi, and when Han shoots first). Itā€™s a fun space adventure with a good score and iconic characters.

If you enjoy that, then follow up with Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Then pack it up.

Treat the rest as fan fiction.

4 Likes

I have not seen any of the following:
Star Wars (any of them)
Lord of the Rings
DC or Marvel movies

I have no interest in science fiction or fantasy genres and I have never read a comic book.

There was a series around, at least in the 60s, that were comic book versions of classic novels. I certainly remember a couple of Dickens, Conan Doyles and Wilkie Collins.

For anyone who hasnā€™t seen Shawshank. Itā€™s def worth a look. The book is also superb/better.

Donā€™t bother.
They are only ā€˜greatā€™ if you have residual teenage awe about them 30 years ago.

Contact
Being There