Guess the location (a new game)

Didn’t look big enough tbh

Bell’s Gorge - Gibb River Road.

Even better are the falls that you can find by walking through the gorge.

Yep. Magical place. The Kimberley is the best place on earth

2 Likes

Agree.
I travelled the world for 2 years and landed back in Darwin.
Our trip from there across and down the west coast was the best thing I’ve ever done.

1 Like

I don’t know if you ever caught it but I did the Gibb river road on a postie bike for charity. It is by far, by FAR the best thing I’ve done in my life. I would recommend anyone do it. Two guys from Melbourne did it who I’m now good freind with. If anyones keen to learn more, just Google bright blue Gibb river road postie bike challenge

4 Likes

Where do we need to fly to see this place? And is there crocs?

Fly to Broome.

But can only be accessed by 4WD

Most car hire companies specifically exclude Gibb River rd for their vehicles. (In fact most exclude ANY non-paved road use which kind of defeats the purpose).

1 Like

Bummer.

Got to cape Leveque, which was amazing. Maybe next time

I drove through there out of Broome, and yes, there are lots of crocs. Smaller Johnsons.

Mitchell falls is next for me when I get up that way again - will be an effort.

Ok - see if you can guess the city.

Wow

Yes, we went there the second last time a few years ago. Last year Hertz* in Broome said anywhere more than a few k’son dirt roads was verboten.

*Not Hertz, but a franchise who does not do any of the good things that Hertz may do but do worse things than they do. “Welcome to Broome. We hope you enjoy your Australia Tax.”

Isn’t that the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton?

It looks like it - but it hasn’t ever been blown off, I don’t think.

Berlin before reconstruction?

I think it’s Christchurch after the earthquake

2 Likes

Well done - Catholic Cathedral.
Quick games a good game.

This is worth a watch if you haven’t seen it -

https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/when-a-city-falls-2011

We had to crap in our backyard for a month after this and drive miles to fill bags up with drinking water.

I take it you are/were a resident of Christchurch?
How long did it take the city to recover and rebuild?

Funny you say that.

They took $1K out of our credit card following our trip to Cape Leveque - for cleaning costs.

I ended up going through Hertz head office who reimbursed us and then some - ar5ewholes.