Rent em from a club. Don’t need to own them.
Untrue. Its not that straight forward.
But I’ll leave it.
That’s nuts. I’ve fired a MAG58 (7.62) and that felt pretty interesting. You can see how people power trip and fall in love with the destructive awesomeness of these things but it absolute insanity letting civilians have this ■■■■. I don’t care who they are.
Why can’t fireworks be part of gun control? I’d so get a gun licence if I could fire off fireworks legally.
One is banned, one is legal. Why?
Because killing people with fireworks is so ■■■■■■■ messy.
You can get a pyrotechnics license. There’s a course that has to be completed through worksafe and then some fees to pay.
Yep. I had one. Expired. The licence, that is.
The current model 50-cal barrett has enough recoil in bolt action form to detach a users retina. Not a great outcome for a sniper…
So they use them in semi auto form and often bolted to a vehicle or mount. The things are realistically an anti-vehicle weapon. I dont know why anyone would want to fire one, let alone own it.
It’s like owning dangerous dogs, there’s no need for it
Yeah, for taking down guys in APCs from what I’ve heard. Knocking your retinas off? No thanks!
mmmm… spate of shooting in Melbourne. Four shot dead in two days.
Is there something bigger brewing or just stuff happens?
Help me’: Neighbours hear screams, two men shot dead in Melbourne’s north
March 5, 2019 — 5.30am
By Melissa Cunningham, Erin Pearson and Cameron Houston
Double fatal shootings in Meadow Heights
Two men in their thirties have been found dead at nearby locations in a northern Melbourne suburb.
Neighbours heard a man screaming for help, yelling that he’d been shot, before two men were found dead at nearby locations in a northern Melbourne suburb.
Emergency services were called to Huntly Court and Morris Court in Meadow Heights about 10.15pm on Monday after reports of gunshots.
A neighbour by the name of Sam, who lives between the two scenes, told radio station 3AW he went outside to see one of the injured victims in a shopping trolley.
“I looked in the back in the street and there was someone pushing the other guy in a trolley and he was screaming… ‘please call the police, help me, I been shot, I been shot’,” he said.
“And then, after not even 20 minutes we come back out, someone push him to other side, we couldn’t find him.”
Police at the scene where one of them men was shot dead, in Meadow Heights.Channel Nine
Both men, believed to be aged in their 30s, had been shot and both died at the scene.
They were found about 500 metres apart.
Police investigate at Huntly Ct. Meadow Heights on Tuesday morning.Simon Schluter
It comes a day after homicide detectives revealed they are investigating the death of a man who was found in a car crash with gunshot wounds in Dandenong on Sunday.
It also follows a triple shooting at a Melbourne boxing event, which left one man dead and two fighting for their lives, in Kensington on Friday night.
Police would not speculate on whether the different shooting incidents were linked.
Police remained at the scene on Tuesday morning, where one man was found in Morris Ct, Meadows Heights.Simon Schluter
Dashcam video captured of the Friday night shooting spree, taken from a car travelling down Stubbs Street at 10.02pm, shows several men fleeing the scene after up to a dozen shots were fired outside the Melbourne Pavilion in Kensington.
Several vehicles almost collide as they attempt to avoid the gun battle, while pedestrians run for cover.
Craigieburn man, Ben Togiai, 30, died at the scene after being shot in the head, while two other men, a 34-year-old from Lalor and a 32-year-old from Craigieburn, were critically injured.
On Sunday, police named three suspects in the boxing incident, and described it as an execution-style murder, amid fears the slaying could fuel a ■■■■■■ war between rival Middle Eastern gangs.
Homicide detectives want to speak to brothers Abdullah El Nasher, 27, and Ali El Nasher, 28, and Mikhael Myko, 25, from Pascoe Vale. They are also seeking a fourth man, who is yet to be identified.
Abdullah El Nasher, left, Ali El Nasher and Mikhael Myko are wanted over a shooting at a Melbourne boxing event
Detective Superintendent Pat Boyle confirmed that officers had raided three properties linked to the men, but were unable to find them.
He urged the public not to approach the men, who are considered dangerous and could be armed.
Superintendent Boyle said the shootings had been captured by closed-circuit cameras outside the building and a dashboard camera mounted inside a car parked in front of the venue. The gunmen made no attempt to conceal their identities.
“This incident is a targeted incident, it is an incident that has occurred between parties that are known to each other,” he said.
“They have been involved in a triple shooting and so we don’t want an escalation of violence. We do know who they are and we want them to hand themselves in.”
Underworld and police sources say the shootings are part of an escalation in violence between two Middle Eastern gangs, which has included several drive-by shootings, an arson attack and now murder.
On February 7, a Maribyrnong warehouse belonging to construction company Kingcon was the subject of an arson attack that also damaged several luxury cars.
At least two of the victims of the Friday night shooting are linked to Kingcon, which describes itself as “a boutique construction company specialising in small to medium density residential projects”.
The arson attack followed a drive-by shooting on the Brunswick home of Abdullah and Ali El Nasher, which was blasted with bullets last month.
The wounding of a man at a western suburbs mechanic workshop has also been linked to the feuding gangs.
This has been a fued for a long time, and isn’t ending soon. It’s a combination of blood and money and power. Expect more of it.