Half time Aussie band for the AFL Grand Final

Wa Waa Nee

#endthread

1 Like

Spiderbait. Their ‘Old Man Sam’ video is shot at a country footy game.

Move it to a twilight grand final for crying out loud. Games are so much better in that timeslot. The boomers can get home a bit later one day a year.

1 Like

While the TikTokers wonder what owning a home would be like. Guess they’ll never know.

The worst of all possible timeslots

2 Likes

Saw their first album tour…they were very ordinary for most of the show. Mind you I think the engineer had ■■■■■■ up their mix.

We Hologram Chrisy.

Or get someone like Kate Cebrano to sing

No to Kate Cebrano doing Chrissy. That would be the sort of thing the AFL exec would do!

1 Like

3 Likes

True but who would you suggest? Has to be her era

Can’t come at them. Sorry.

I got one for you.

One time only.(it’s never happening tho and prob not at an afl granny)

Silverchair reunion

1 Like

Cosmic Psychos.

Ross Knight can play with a can of VB hanging off the end of his donga. Finish the set and moon everyone in attendance. Screw the hardcore Ozkick Mum’s, footy needs more of that.

5 Likes

Surely Kate Cebrano isn’t Chrissy Amphlett era?

Anyway, Adalita probably. But you could definitely go with one of the many of the current generation

1 Like

Innocent Criminals originally. Big yes. Daniel needs us. It was some SBS bands challenge back in the day. They were 15 year olds yeah?

1 Like

Cosmic Psychos
Clearly same age group…

Is it even necessary anymore? You either get a woefully bad live performance where nobody can hear themselves and have no concept of pitch, or you get people miming. I have no interest in either scenario.

It should probably be an Australian act, though. It actually kind of bothers me when they get a US act to play it just because the fish out of water aspect always looks really obvious to me.

I think you just play stadium rock/pop.

Take Billy Joel who’s playing at the G later this year . That show will be good for singing a long.

Mid youth crisis?

Paid Robbie W a handsome wage to perform and he went ok. Should have told him " Right its half time, you got the coin, get out there and sing a couple more". Then as he was sinking a few bevvies or maybe a bag of crushed up anti inflammatories, tell him its full time and get out there and sing some more. We want our money’s worth Robbie.