Half time Aussie band for the AFL Grand Final

It looked like the Swans were tuned in also, given their 3rd qtr

1 Like

jeez, not often i’m in agreement with saucy but here we are

-edit- halftime entertainment should be a town crier reading out a list of afl executives who have been [redacted] for watching espn for ideas

4 Likes

I think you agree with me on most things.

Have either Weddings,Parties,Anything or Mick Thomas ever done the GF? If so, I can’t recall it ever happening and what a wasted opportunity that has been.

What a magnificent advertisement that their music would be for both footy and the city of Melbourne if they were ever to be invited to perform on the big day.

They already have a footy anthem in Monday’s Experts that most footy followers are familiar with but also a number of other great songs that reference both football and Melbourne together such as Under The Clocks (…and if the Saints get done again, by Christ I couldn’t care), Grey Skies Over Collingwood and Tough Time (It’s black or white, lose or win, It’s Collingwood,Uh-Oh, they’ve been done again…)

There are many more hits they had that a lot of people may not know that these guys were the band that sang them but would be, I’m sure rapt to hear their songs again.

Mick Thomas is a gem of a songwriter and is right up there alongside Paul Kelly as a brilliant storyteller about Australian history or contemporary life.

6 Likes

They could just have an annual Military Tattoo at half time or pre game.

I’d buy grand final tickets even if Essendon aren’t playing just to see Airbourne do this at the MCG.

They are an awesome live act. Would be all for that.

Used to be the go at Wembley. Flattens the divots as well!

1 Like

I for 1 would like Grinspoon @ this year’s AFL Grand Final.
Lost Control
Just Ace
Hard Act to Follow.

4 Likes

We just caught Luca Brasi last Friday night at Max Watts on Swanston St
With the Tassie team announcement surely these guys could get a slot
They rocked the joint - no BS

1 Like

Stonefield could be a good support act.

The song about dead cats.

3 Likes

DCX X3?
Ok but you know it’s gotta be family friendly music right?
Then again I guess Robbie William strutting his stuff last year…and the lyrics he sung, yeah nah nobody was paying attention to what he was saying…right?

Haven’t heard about them in ages. They still recording/touring?

1 Like

How about a ■■■■■■-up Jack Riewoldt doing The Killers covers? People seemed to like it at the GF celebrations a few years back…

1 Like

I want to hear Cog play ‘Paris, Texis’ at a filth & ■■■■ Carlton gf pre game singing “we’re all going to die”

Russell Robertson playing the Best on Ground theme on repeat.

4 Likes

Hoodoo Gurus

2 Likes

TISM supported by Nick Barker and the Reptiles.
Cameo: Painters & Dockers.

4 Likes

Uncanny X-Men
Toni Pearen
Jason Donovan
Stephanie MacIntosh

4 Likes