Half time Aussie band for the AFL Grand Final

Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money

1 Like

The Captain must be getting on in years. I used to see them 25 years ago.

2 Likes

Shannon Noll

Pretty sure they still go.
I’ve got 10 on you. In town and at The Baxter Tavern.:crazy_face:

Perfect setting for the long anticipated reunion of The Young Divas

1 Like

Reform whoever is left from Cold Chisel and put on an Oz Rock masterclass.
Most of the other GREAT bands are now unfortunately missing key personnel, ( INXS, Midnight Oil, Men at Work).
And yes I’m focused on the older bands, but there is no chance of getting Silverchair back together, Savage Garden are not really
" stadium",
Or maybe pay Sia a motza, and get her to put on a greatest hits show. That would be world class.

sister janet mead - the lord’s prayer

1 Like

Cosmic Psychos

4 Likes

Area 7

2 Likes

28 days

1 Like

I reckon they were playing out at Windy Hill after the 1984 GF. Can’t be the original lineup.

1 Like

Captain Spalding used to play at The Matthew Flinders in the early 90’s. Old mate Captain was a fair age then for a performer (I’d guess mid-late 40’s) so he’d be well advanced now…

2 Likes

Bald bloke singer. I had hair back then.

He’d have to be in his 70’s now. I reckon I last saw them at the Sydney Liars Club mid 90’s

1 Like

Wiggles. Just do it. Crowd will go absolutely off.

3 Likes

I remember that place. Flemington Rd. Its walls were decorated with the “incorrect” WEG posters e.g. it had one for us winning in 1990. Love to know where they got them from…

1 Like

I think from memory that Weg used to design a poster for each GF side so they could have them ready quickly after the game. I’m sure there were probably boxes pre-printed for every losing side.

1 Like

Geez the amount of has been bands from the 80’s getting mentioned. It was 40 years ago, move on allready.

Come on PP2. The grand final is the absolute domain of has-been acts. You just know the world is crying out for the appalling “Holy Grail” one more time…

2 Likes

Caligula and Tumbleweed would be great

2 Likes