Harvard Medical School research injuries of NFL players

Didn’t click. Did they interview Clarkson?

What does Caro think?

Nah worth a read, admittedly it’s not all that in depth.

Amazing what a not completely incompetent sport league can do with their money, actually taking some responsibility & doing research into improving health & safety outcomes? Bizarre decision.
Why don’t they just ignore the issue then pick a target who speaks out to take a gigantic dump on??? After all, they didn’t injure anyone.

Nah worth a read, admittedly it's not all that in depth.

Amazing what a not completely incompetent sport league can do with their money, actually taking some responsibility & doing research into improving health & safety outcomes? Bizarre decision.
Why don’t they just ignore the issue then pick a target who speaks out to take a gigantic dump on??? After all, they didn’t injure anyone.

I prefer the “let’s send mixed messages so we can have it both ways” the AFL takes on the issue of player safety.

Just to be clear, it wasn’t the NFL that went into that joint venture. It was the NFLPA. I can understand the players being concerned that a Harvard report had shown their life expectancy was reduced by 20 years and wanting to know why!

The NFLPA acts way more like a normal union than the AFLPA. They fight the NFL over everything, appeal any and all suspensions on principle, etc. They put the emphasis on the PA bit, whereas the AFLPA put the emphasis on the AFL bit.

Just to be clear, it wasn't the NFL that went into that joint venture. It was the NFLPA. I can understand the players being concerned that a Harvard report had shown their life expectancy was reduced by 20 years and wanting to know why!
If it was here, the AFL would yank the funding (which makes up the majority of funding) for the PA & knock it on the head. Ironically.
Just to be clear, it wasn't the NFL that went into that joint venture. It was the NFLPA. I can understand the players being concerned that a Harvard report had shown their life expectancy was reduced by 20 years and wanting to know why!
If it was here, the AFL would yank the funding (which makes up the majority of funding) for the PA & knock it on the head. Ironically.

The funny thing is, you’re not wrong. The AFL medical officer actually went on radio a while ago to say all the Boston research was a crock and he wasn’t satisfied there was any proof. It was on an ABC radio interview a couple of years back.

He went even further and essentially tried to imply that the whole Boston thing was a shakedown racket for research funding.

The funny thing is, you’re not wrong. The AFL medical officer actually went on radio a while ago to say all the Boston research was a crock and he wasn’t satisfied there was any proof. It was on an ABC radio interview a couple of years back.

He went even further and essentially tried to imply that the whole Boston thing was a shakedown racket for research funding.

It’s like it’s the Abbott Football League