Has left Essendon - Yestin Eades

I just hope the kid can sort his life out, and have a fulfilling happy life in the future. Being an AFL footballer isn’t the be all and end all of life.

All the best Yestin, hope you prosper in whatever you do next.

Yestin Eades all his troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they’re here to stay
Oh, Blitz believed in Yestin Eades

You get the feeling that if he’d never been demoted to the rookie list but everything else had played out the same, that few would be questioning keeping him on the list and honouring his original contract.

I just hope the kid can sort his life out, and have a fulfilling happy life in the future. Being an AFL footballer isn't the be all and end all of life.

All the best Yestin, hope you prosper in whatever you do next.

Spot on.

A rookie wage wouldnt be big dollars dont think it will help much with the luring of a free agent. I would like if we could pick up another rookie B list player like the hawks did the other day.
People are suggesting paying him out AND paying for a replacement rookie. Given we've split ways, I assume we won't pay him at all for 2017. Which would mean we've probably saved about 100k, maybe more, which can go in next years cap.
A rookie wage wouldnt be big dollars dont think it will help much with the luring of a free agent. I would like if we could pick up another rookie B list player like the hawks did the other day.
People are suggesting paying him out AND paying for a replacement rookie. Given we've split ways, I assume we won't pay him at all for 2017. Which would mean we've probably saved about 100k, maybe more, which can go in next years cap.

Ridiculous. If we never re rookied him and delisted him that money would still be there.

Whatever happened to him? Did he manage to get back on track or has he got himself into deeper strife?

He had his surname written on his neck…so…yes, he’s doing just fine.

7 Likes

He had kids didn’t he, I’d imagine he’d be regretting that decision by now.

1 Like

I shouldn’t laugh, I really shouldn’t. But that is farkin hilarious.
I hope he’s ok.

3 Likes

Regretting the kids???

Or you mean the tatt

2 Likes

Quality bump.

3 Likes

Probably both

We should pick him up

OH I BELIEVE IN YESTIN EADES

2 Likes

All his troubles seem so far away

2 Likes

This is all yesterEades news.

He played footy for Bassendean in 2018, as far as I can tell, though not many games. Must have been at a decent standard cos he was named in the WA u23 ammos squad to play the VAFA rep team.

2 Likes

Could’ve been anything

I had to eggspoon out my eyes after reading that…

… now I have no eyes.

Thanks.