Hayden Skipworth

The players speak highly of everyone in public, or to strangers. That’s how it works.

4 Likes

WHAT IN THE SAM HELL???

It is what it is. Many posters on this site have criticised him, so he must be bad. Right ?.
He had the forward line playing well in 2017. The midfield was average during his tenure as midfield coach, but how much of that is due to Worsfold, how much because we have average midfielders ?

1 Like

I don’t think he’s the worst thing to happen to the club or anything like that, he’s just been there doing his job during a period that’s been difficult and the club needs change. Even if it’s only for the sake of change. I think it’s a good thing for both parties.

1 Like

coached like he played

Reports filtering in that The Langford was so excited by this news that several teammates had to tell him to calm down

https://giphy.com/gifs/essendonfc-afl-dons-langford-dBBpzKFMi5DBNU67xL

4 Likes

I think he was unpopular on the basis that he’d been here for a decade and achieved nothing in that time with the possible exception of being in charge of the forward line in 2017

I envisaged you as slimmer

1 Like

Does this mean you’re renewing your membership.

Skippy walks out.
The EXODUS has begun!

You mean apart from being promoted every 2nd or 3rd year to be fwd line coach with success, and then midfield coach which also had a net improvement?

I’d say he achieved a great deal in his time with us.

One or two blokes here had a hate on him for personal &/or BS reasons, and the perennial haters of anything jumped aboard for no other reason than to bag something or someone to make themselves feel better about themselves.

As for “players will speak nice about someone in public” that may be true when they are actually asked about someone,… but just about everyone that gave Skippy props, (and there were plenty), did so out of the blue without any form of prompting or question about him, … so that is absolute tosh.

14 Likes

Perhaps not but the one person who will really miss him is Tippa.

At current rate I’ll be close to that build in a couple of years :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Nope.
My membership was based on Worsfold staying or not

Can’t be too bad if Collingwood chased him.

1 Like

You realise he resigned?

Neeld was after round 8 last year
Paul Turk was after round 1 this year

These are getting earlier every season

2 Likes

I don’t know everything he did within the club BUT what I have observed from a spectators perspective is that our forward line in 2017 was very good. We had good structures, leading patterns & seemed to score easier than at any time over the last 15 years. I was happy to accept that part of that was Skipworth’s work. In 2019 I was critical of many aspects of our coaching but once again I believed that our midfield setups looked the best they had for a long time & even though we lacked inside options I thought our midfield positioning & rotations were improved. I assumed at least some of this was Skipworth’s work. I’m not saying that means I’m sure he was the good apple in the bunch but more than any of the other assistants I could see reason to believe he might be better than many here rate him. The fact he is going to Collingwood is also a pretty good indication that it may not be a good thing for us to lose him.

5 Likes

So did Hird…