Help - My computer system has Osiris ransomware

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I tried to open excel files today and received the message that they were encrypted and I needed to send bitcoins for the code. I did a google search and there is lots of conflicting advice.

We have all the security software, or so I thought and my staff are on pain of death to load anything else on the system. I think I tracked it down to an email supposedly from FEDEX which one of the staff opened on Tuesday on their laptop when it was plugged into the server.

Anyway, any advice would help.

What security software are you using?

Think this is what my old man (of all people given he’s spent better part of 50 years working in computers) copped, and in the same way (from a “Fedex” email - just so happened he was waiting on a Fedex delivery at the time and let his guard down).

Seem to recall he managed to fix it by going back to a system restore point from a month or so earlier. He lost a handful doc & xls file updates and a few photos, but nothing major. I’ll ask him and see what he recommends (as I said, he very computer savvy and is my go-to person for PC issues…)

Right, I checked. His exact words:
“Not Osiris but something similar. In the end. I deleted all system restore points and recovered from my most recent backup. I’d try system restore points first, then try backups”.

http://guides.uufix.com/how-to-remove-osiris-ransomware-and-recover-encrypted-files/

Check your back up isn’t infected. A restore might work depending on what version of the virus you got. Some don’t even let you do that. Sometimes if it’s a bad infection rebuilding infected computers is the only way to get rid of it or pay up the $

We have Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes.

I will check back-up, but suspect as it back up every night, that it will have backup of the infected stuff, as it happened on Tuesday.

Should you be using malwarebytes if you have total security? Doesn’t total security cover the whole kit and kaboodle?

Too late Bacchus, I’ve already seen those photos of your ■■■■.

Too late Bacchus, I've already seen those photos of your ■■■■.

You must have a very large monitor

Should you be using malwarebytes if you have total security? Doesn't total security cover the whole kit and kaboodle?

Hmm, I don’t know.

I just buy the software and load it on and hope it all works.

Should you be using malwarebytes if you have total security? Doesn't total security cover the whole kit and kaboodle?

Hmm, I don’t know.

I just buy the software and load it on and hope it all works.

The only important question - do you have anything on the affected machine/s that you have not backed up or have access to elsewhere, and how vital is it?

We have Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes.

I will check back-up, but suspect as it back up every night, that it will have backup of the infected stuff, as it happened on Tuesday.

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.

2. Log in to the system infected with the Osiris ransomware virus. Start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.

Also there is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt .osiris files. It is free and may help you restore .osiris files.

Various scans and detectors and whatnot are very time consuming and have a varied (mostly low) success rate.

Most effective solutions are either restore everything from backup, or pay up

I Loathe Kasperski. When you get back and running have a look at esset