Henry Crauford - scratch match king

He would have know he wasnt guaranteed a spot.

The guys developing nicely & Dodo can certainly identify talent when he sees it.
I guess that he is at least more ready than guys playing same position in the TAC cup.

Iā€™m going to get around him and welcome him to Bomberland !

Get around him guys!

1 Like

At least we are more forward thinking than Collingwood, who signed Lynden Done

5 Likes

If Crauford was traning at the club all summer like Lockyer was and dosenā€™t get picked because Crauford is better then fair enough.

2 Likes

Iā€™m reminding myself that he supposedly has only been playing footy for the last 3 years, after focusing on swimming.
Based on 4 minutes of clips, heā€™s not a great tap ruck. That could be taught.
Marking- meh - heā€™s tall, and itā€™s SANFL Reserves.
He did have a good kicking action though, both in passing and shooting from distance, which is much harder to teach. And was quick to actually kick passes.
Especially for rucks - theyā€™re either good / reasonable kicks, or rubbish their whole career.

So good luck to him.
Could be a break glass over the next two years player. Given this year thereā€™s theoretically 4 rucks already, plus a future Joe.
Whereas next year it could be three only - Phillips Draper Bryan.
In which case a cheap trial option.

3 Likes

Donā€™t agonise over it Nino. As if it was Dodoro alone. The coaches would have had input into this selection as well. As if, on balance they would do the wrong thing for the club. No.

2 Likes

All that time spent Swimming has very likely developed massive Lungs, ā€¦ with him getting on a professional program & workload, he has a better chance than most of becoming an endurance machine.

3 Likes

True but why does the club always have to pick these type of project players that come from other sports

I for one welcome our new crauford overlord

4 Likes

Oh boo hoo!

3 Likes

Lol, the article by the club

ā€œHe has good athleticism and endurance

The knocks from Draft central

Lacks athleticism and endurance.

3 Likes

Obviously Lockyer would be spewing. IMO Tom Hirdā€™s selection was Lockyerā€™s death Knell and Craufordā€™s selection meets list balance demands better.

I give him 2 years before heā€™s delisted

Bryan is not physically ready.
Drapes is not medically ready.
Belly is injury prone.
Phillips has history of injury problems.
Mckernan is not even a genuine competitive ruck option and is needed down forward.

This is insurance for 2020 and a longer term investment as he has upside.

13 Likes

A Dodoro pick in the tradition of Matt Dea of someone who doesnā€™t know how to spell his own surname.

5 Likes

Well you seem have a (negative)opinion on everything

4 Likes

Welcome Henry, I have 0 expectation and wouldnā€™t really care if you ended up being nothing but would be rapt if you could at least be decent backup.
Good luck.

Of course.

Donā€™t all Trolls? Thatā€™s their whole thing, right?

I, for one, welcome spelling (etc) Nazis.

2 Likes

Bull crap Iā€™ve been very positive lately just because i donā€™t agree with a clubs decision on something doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m negative

1 Like