Henry Crauford - scratch match king

We played 2ruckman for the majority of the year and even when we had injuries Crauford didn’t force his way in as he wasn’t ready.

3 Likes

From the enormous sample size of those two clips it looks like he has a good footy brain

5 Likes

I am disappointed Nigel did not get the gig. But, you control the things you can and you move on. In the case of recruitment, I have absolutely no control, so I just wish Henry the very best at the Bombers.

4 Likes

I assume that we have had our eye on him all along, that he was someone we were interested in for last year’s draft as a long term project player.

However the SSP rules gave us the opportunity to have a look at a few other players that could possibly feel an immediate need and have an immediate impact.

Looks like they decided that Teakle, Lockyer and the other guy wouldn’t really have an immediate impact or fill a need now. So they went for the guy who they’d always had their eye on.

1 Like

…as opposed to all the other things that happen at EFC… :rofl:

Yep. But brain and body may need to work a bit quicker at AFL level.

1 Like

Doesn’t look overly athletic. He barely leaves the ground in ruck contests.

2 Likes

Welcome Henry. Does this selection foreshadow a double ruck set up in 2023? Long term plans, etc. Or perhaps Belly is more cooked than we are led to believe right now. As it is, picking up young Crauford places more pressure on TBC to perform. That can only be a good thing.

Hopefully this is not the end for Nigel and we pick him up mid season, or end of year.

1 Like

Classic Dodo

Trial Lockyer all summer and then pick a bloke who hasn’t even played a game or trained at the club

2 Likes

He is over 2 metres, can ruck, can take a grab with some goal sense and is uninjured.

Considering all of
Draper,
TBC
Stewart,
JD,
Hooker are injured and unavailable.

Its an incredibly wise decision.

Forward of 50 our talls are being held together by Mckernan and Phillips.

Will play senior footy if either go down in the next month, or will develop in the twos. Hopefully nicely.

8 Likes

I guess you’re not a fan then?

Luxurious hair.

1 Like

We going to play Draper, Bryan and Crauford in the same VFL team? Hopefully can do what Saints did and allow one of them to play elsewhere and full time ruck.

He’s not a selection for senior footy if he’s playing SANFL reserves. He’s years away from being ready.

We’re down in ruck strength but I don’t think he’ll play AFL anytime soon. Perhaps he’s a project; let’s hope he succeeds.

As a project player yes I’m a fan. I just don’t think he is anywhere near AFL level yet. Perhaps he can be fast tracked though with the right tutoring and in a AFL system

So who is rucking sans Mckernan and Phillips?

Good luck to Henry. Wish him every success.
Hope Nigel has some good support around him as he’ll no doubt be disappointed and have faced many challenges over the summer away from home. I wish him every success and hope that he gets another chance mid year perhaps.

3 Likes

Good question.

If it’s this guy or Bryan I’m not sure we are well placed, given their physical readiness.

You would be pretty annoyed if you were Nigel I reckon.

Tried his hardest all summer to impress the club and then get piped by a bloke who can just walk into the club.

5 Likes