Here’s the team (really!)

Fantasia apparently copped a high knock at training, so I wouldn’t read Jerrett favouritism into it yet…

Ok thanks.

Not doing this every week, but given the unprecedented changes to our list, here’s the guys who missed out.

Emergency:
Sam Grimley — named in VFL team
Nick Kommer — named in VFL team
Sam Michael — presumably the actual emergency player; RIP Leuenberger?

Suspension:
Courtenay Dempsey

Injury:
Jason Ashby
Orazio Fantasia
James Polkinghorne
Tom Wallis
Mark Jamar — not in the VFL team

Underdone:
Yestin Eades
Aaron Francis
Nathan Grima
Jayden Laverde
Alex Morgan
Gach Nyuon

No Excuse:
Shaun Edwards
Will Hams
Michael Hartley
Jake Long
Conor McKenna
Mason Redman

Morgan and Redman classifications may or may not be accurate…

Edwards and Francis and Laverde and Morgan all named for the VFL (not to say they’re not underdone for AFL)

Its an interesting side. Fair to say it’s anyone’s guess what will happen Saturday, as we haven’t seen a side anything like that in the pre season.

Was expecting Grimley to play to free up Daniher for the chf role. I guess McKernan may play deep, but it seems less likely. Was also expecting Hartley to play as he seemed to be given the key defence jobs in pre season, but they’ve favoured Brown and Ambrose (And Gwilt).

Will be really interesting to see how it all comes together.

Have to think Hartley is injured or I’ll.

Fantasia had a disappointing NAB challenge.

Hartley is 199cm and over 100 kg. He does not match up well on more mobile opponents and can be caught behind a leading forward. He will gain selection on the bigger key forwards No doubt he is the matchup for hawkins, cloke, petrie and others in this class.

Ambrose was better than Hartley last week. Seems they think they don’t need two 196+ cm defenders this week.

Reckon we're a tall short

Quilt plays tall and actually is tall!

He plays tall. Is actually not.

Is actually just a high flat top.

Do we think Hartley will play next week?

Do we think Hartley will play next week?

Our philosophy- “One week at a time!”

He’s not tall. 188 cm. There are some players of that height who have successfully held down a key position (James Hird and Dermot Brereton spring to mind, and they were not even 188 cm), but they have been few and far between and have had exceptional ability. Gwilt is not that good. He’s 94 kg and so very solid. He’s capable of minding a third tall forward, but not a real key forward.

It’s not the ridiculous inexperienced kids to the slaughter team that the media would have you believe. Plenty of mature bodies and experience there let’s hope they gel

surprising omissions namely hartley, fanta, but who the ■■■■ knows what combo of players is our best 22 at present.

is polkinghorn still alive ? Was hoping to see how he’d go in the seniors , moreso based of vfl form last year.

Was injured.

He’s not tall. 188 cm. There are some players of that height who have successfully held down a key position (James Hird and Dermot Brereton spring to mind, and they were not even 188 cm), but they have been few and far between and have had exceptional ability. Gwilt is not that good. He’s 94 kg and so very solid. He’s capable of minding a third tall forward, but not a real key forward.

Beg to differ. I am 194cm tall and look him straight inthe eyes . Unless of course he wears high heels, because i dont. Ithink it may be the flat top.

Gunna win.

Gwilt is the same height as Winderlich.

Gwilt is the same height as Steinberg and Pears (191).

Team is close to what I would have thought based on form. Only real surprise was Ambrose getting the nod before Hartley and no real help for JD up forward.

Not sure about the result but that team should be competitive and plenty of upside. Still have another 5-6 guys that could rotate through, so all up it could be worse.

Most looking forward to seeing Parish debut, Crowley on any one of them and Loony in the ruck.

Beg to differ. I am 194cm tall and look him straight inthe eyes . Unless of course he wears high heels, because i dont. Ithink it may be the flat top.

I took the stats from Wikipedia. The EFC website is supposed to have player profiles on it but every time I look at it the page is blank. I found a site called footywire that also gives his height as 188. I was surprised myself that he was no taller than that. I would have thought 190, maybe 191, but 188 seems to be right.