Here’s the team (really!)

Team lineup is not the same on the AFL and the club websites… which one to trust fellas? (club source might be more accurate I reckon)
afl.com.au/news/teams vs. essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-03-24/team-vs-gold-coast

Hartley is 199cm and over 100 kg. He does not match up well on more mobile opponents and can be caught behind a leading forward. He will gain selection on the bigger key forwards No doubt he is the matchup for hawkins, cloke, petrie and others in this class.

The logical match up for Lynch - Hartley not playing is a surprising decision.

The EFC website is supposed to have player profiles on it but every time I look at it the page is blank.
There's a bug there under certain circumstances. Use the menu to change it to rookies, they'll show; then switch back to seniors and they'll show.

10 players making their Essendon debut.
We go some years when we don’t debut 10 new players in a season

The EFC website is supposed to have player profiles on it but every time I look at it the page is blank.
There's a bug there under certain circumstances. Use the menu to change it to rookies, they'll show; then switch back to seniors and they'll show.

Thanks. That website is a disgrace. If you want to find out anything about the history of the club, it’s all disappeared. You can watch the club’s PR videos, but that’s about all there is.

And the club shows Gwilt as 188 cm/96 kg.

Hartley is 199cm and over 100 kg. He does not match up well on more mobile opponents and can be caught behind a leading forward. He will gain selection on the bigger key forwards No doubt he is the matchup for hawkins, cloke, petrie and others in this class.

I am also surprised. Lets wait and see if Ambrose actually lines up on Lynch because Brown is a better match on the basis of height, Sam Day at 197cm might be a better matchup for Ambrose

I am also surprised. Lets wait and see if Ambrose actually lines up on Lynch because Brown is a better match on the basis of height, Sam Day at 197cm might be a better matchup for Ambrose

Sam Day is also a better matchup being more athlete than footballer.

I actually feel a bit disappointed…so few of our youngsters have actually shown enough in the preseason to stay ahead of the aging top-ups…

I actually feel a bit disappointed...so few of our youngsters have actually shown enough in the preseason to stay ahead of the aging top-ups...
Lol. You have no idea
I actually feel a bit disappointed...so few of our youngsters have actually shown enough in the preseason to stay ahead of the aging top-ups...

That was my first reaction, but they’ll get their chance.

Given the lack of practise as a group, the more experienced lineup seems wise. There is going to be a lot of ‘figuring it out’ on the fly.

Would have liked to see Hartley play. Gives us the flexibility to push Brown forward

Gwilt wears high heels?

Maybe Hartley needs more recovery time? He played all 3 NAB challenge games. Have him fresh for Rd 2.

I think the forwards will struggle, the same as in the NAB games. Maybe Joe will kick a couple but who else will step up. Stokes is the only other regular goal scorer. Jerrett I think kicked about seven last season, Langford, even less.
The opposing coaches will soon work out that they only need to blanket Joe.I am surprised that they did not include Grimley.

CW:
Essendon include drug cheat Crowley.

CW: Essendon include drug cheat Crowley.
The Age include oxygen thief Wilson.
CW: Essendon include drug cheat Crowley.
The Age include oxygen thief Wilson.

I was just joking, but it’s only time.

I’m just going to put this out there but I have no idea how it’s going to go tomorrow.

So I know FA about the Gold Coast team - I take it they have a short forward line?

10 bomber debuts, can’t remember the last time we had anything like that.

I havnt seen their side yet but they have lynch who id rather hartley play on than brown, and also peter wright who i assume is playing, is a monstee

Oh and i dont mind that team btw. Remember it was nab cup where woosha tries almost everyone over the 3 games. Hes said previously he doesnt really take the nab too seriously. Whilst i thought hartley would be playing i hope its just to give him a rest.