Survivor - The TEAM of the walking wounded: FREMANTLE v ESSENDON OS , 6:10pm AWST Saturday, August 17, 2019

ESSENDON has recalled four big names to face Fremantle as it tries to stabilise a season rapidly spiralling out of control.

Michael Hurley, Adam Saad, Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis are among five Bomber additions – with two-gamer Brayden Ham the other – for Saturday night’s all-important clash at Optus Stadium.

Essendon named Jake Stringer, who is dealing with hamstring tightness, and dumped Josh Begley, Dylan Clarke, Ben McNiece, David Myers and Mark Baguley in response to last week’s humiliating defeat.

4 Likes

BANG

On paper that is a MUCH better team. Each included player is better than each dropped player

5 Likes

Clarke “dumped”?

Seems harsh. Especially if the replacement is Ham.

12 Likes

I thought that Clarke would get dropped I didn’t like his chance going two up on Fyfe I think they are going to go head to head with the Freo mids

D. Hurley? The wheels really have fallen off.

9 Likes

Onya Ham, wear Brad Hill like a glove.

Big call on Dlarke. Perhaps seen enough tagging wise (which has dropped off) & not doing enough offensively.

Good in’s… we are surely too tall in defence though. Someone must be in doubt and we playing funny buggers.

3 Likes

Can’t lose by 100 points with Woosha’s patented EIGHT MAN BACK LINE

4 Likes

I’d say given a rest. Young bloke has put in a number of good weeks and despite still busting a gut in the main, looked plum tuckered against the Puppies.

10 Likes

Why drop Clarke and not Langford?

Gonna let Fyfe get 40, kick 3

9 Likes

All good droppings, probably Zaka and Langford very, very lucky.

Clarke has had a good year but his last few weeks have been rubbish.

13 Likes

People say Langford gets treated harshly, but he is mostly the last to get dropped. His junk time stats saves him again and the fact that we have no one else to come in.

6 Likes

Nothing surprising here…but if Hurls re-injures his shoulder watch for the Blitz meltdown!!!:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We’re very very tall this week. Not sure if it’s good or bad.

I hope they are not going to back Langford one on one with Fyfe he would be the only one with the body that could match up

1 Like

Very true.

Pity that collectively the team is cooked for 2019.

3 Likes

Ballantyne to kick 5

1 Like

Would of kept Baguley in the side.

Still think he has a bit to offer.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why they are carrying the extra tall in Francis