Here's THE TEAM vs Giants

That is just plain disappointing. I too let out a WTF when reading this. I understand Bobcat as he has been in the best the last few weeks. No idea why Dea is dropped as has been pretty good last couple of weeks. Did Gleeson have a blinder on the w/e against Rich as he didn’t do anything the weeks before. We need youngsters replacing players. Oh well, let’s see. Who knows.

2 Likes

Fark if we can get within 60 points we have done well with this team

Staggering selections, guess we will have to wait and see.

If howlett comes out and decks toby greene, its worth it though.

7 Likes

As usual we have the in’s/out based on seemingly like for like.

Dea out for Gleeson.

• We had no drive from our HBF last week, Dea is a better one on one defender no doubt but Marty takes the game on and tries to take risky kicks albeit some fail. Both have their limitations.

Kelly (inj) out for Stanton

• The 7th defender/wingman. Stants actually had been doing reasonable job at times in this role, and if he plays more wing which hopefully he will then will have some super hard running opposition to run with. No one else on our list could go remotely close with Scully.

Parish (inj) out for Howlett.

• Bobcat was BOG last week, by a long way. Deserving of the game. Can switch with Raz/TIPPA as required also.

TBell being a bigger body perhaps better suited to go up against Mummy than Leuey. Ambrose perhaps didn’t pass test and the Hartley - Patton match up is ok IMO.

13 Likes

IT BEGINS

4 Likes

GWS players to walk the ball out of the middle.

1 Like

Ambrose reinjured quad yesterday. spewing!

1 Like

So will miss another 4-5 weeks?

Bugger.

Ahhh the old drop the ruckman because we like the other ruckman better, but don’t want to admit it routine.

Leuenberger’s name should be on this weeks team changes sheet with ‘(omitted - again)’ next to it.

Most uninspiring changes EVER for a game we have to get on a plane for.
Leuenberger was ill, eh? Right…
GWS by 87 points.

Not because of the defence failing, last week was an abject failure of the midfield.

We’re gonna get slaughtered by their forwardline, stanton is not good body on body and far to slow for this game.

I personally would’ve tried langford but i have no real senitment either way with this one.

If any fellow Blitzers are looking for like minded loud / obnoxious / die hard / long suffering Bombers supporters at the game …
The NSW Bombers supporters group gather on the concourse under the large scoreboard end
Very close proximity to the bar - which I think we’re gonna need

1 Like

Un-farking-believable

chasing a win ??? seriously …

after 67 turnovers our coaching panels brightest idea to combat that is bring in stanton and gleeson, who are 2 of the biggest turnover merchants on our list, and have been dropped twice this season for it.

I take back what i said, worsfold is definately not going to be the coach to move this club forward, he is just as weak as the previous coaches, playing favourites never gets you anywhere.

Stanton, Howlett, soft tissues injuries at training.

Feels like the height of the Weapon and Dank era.

3 Likes

Are people seriously suggesting that Leuenberger being ill last week and not playing at any level, was a just ruse to pacify people about him being dropped?

3 Likes

Brilliant move by Woosha.
He has just ended 3 careers in one hit.
Stanton on Kelly
Howlett on Ward
Gleeson on Greene

Sit back and enjoy the show.
Very smart man is our coach

2 Likes

Stanton on Scully is a no brainer.

I dont think parish is injured, i think they want to give him a good 4 week rest. …

Howlett provides some hardness which balances out johnson at the other end.

Id say Dea did not do his Job last week, whatever the coaches use to measure performance is not the same as most think… ( i think it is that he is not attacking enough…same reason Gleeson sent to the 2’s)