Hooker

I’m a hooker fan from way back.

Fletch a little while ago came out and stated to the effect that 'anyone bagging Hooker doesn't know football.' I thought at the time that a. Fletch does not say very much and b. that's a pretty strong comment. Seems like if you play 3 million games of footy you know a thing or two about football. The picks (25 and 26) that were on the table seem unders to me now given Hooker's 2013 season. 

Fletch a little while ago came out and stated to the effect that 'anyone bagging Hooker doesn't know football.' I thought at the time that a. Fletch does not say very much and b. that's a pretty strong comment. Seems like if you play 3 million games of footy you know a thing or two about football. The picks (25 and 26) that were on the table seem unders to me now given Hooker's 2013 season. 

Don't think those picks could be right. Eagles finished 5th or 6th, 2nd round started at about 20-something?

Their second rounders were picks 40 & 43 (one of them through trade) according to wiki, after the Crows lost theirs. Eventually traded both of them to the Saints for an early 3rd rounder & Jamie Cripps.

Saints took Josh Saunders & Brodie Murdoch.

At the time I thought it was an OK deal.

But you'd stick with Hooker thus far. 5-6 years down the track might be a different story.

Don't think those picks could be right. Eagles finished 5th or 6th, 2nd round started at about 20-something?

Their second rounders were picks 40 & 43 (one of them through trade) according to wiki, after the Crows lost theirs. Eventually traded both of them to the Saints for an early 3rd rounder & Jamie Cripps.

But you'd stick with Hooker thus far. 5-6 years down the track might be a different story.

The picks were right.  They were St Kilda's.  They actually ended up as 24 & 25 (because of Adelaide losing picks).  I think St Kilda traded to get one of them.

Yep, and the fact the club has signed him for three years says a lot about how much faith they have in him. 

The picks were right.  They were St Kilda's.  They actually ended up as 24 & 25 (because of Adelaide losing picks).  I think St Kilda traded to get one of them.

So St K would've traded them to WCE (for Brown, I assume?), then WCE would've traded them to us?

So St K would've traded them to WCE (for Brown, I assume?), then WCE would've traded them to us?

A 3-way with Brown Hooker in St. Kilda

"Did someone say brown hooker?"

029733-hugh-grant.jpg

It's not about having the best pick but using the picks you have to find a quality, hard working, solid, good decision making footy player 

Hooker is our best defender!