Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

I don’t think anybody would disagree with that preference. Then again Kelly would probably cost more than Hopper and Kennedy combined.

That is true, but, in defence of that, he’s soooo good.

2 Likes

Two GWS players to be avoided in any trade are Hopper and Devon Smith. Would not consider under any circumstances. Will cost you games.

2 Likes

…?
Why?

I have thought that given that they had to pay a minimum amount of salary cap, and that all the players they drafted would have been on standard first year player contracts, that they would have had to front load his contract.

Because we can’t get them.

hahaha…‘journalist’… hahahaha

2 Likes

That may well be so.

On Judas: It was reported here at the time that Ryder’s contract was front-loaded, so when he was looking at getting lower pay in the later stage, he wanted to leave to get more $. And of course to be closer to his wife’s family in Queensland.

1 Like

Devon Smith, Hopper, Kennedy…one please.

2 Likes

Kelly we would have to give up too much. Realistically, what would we need to part ways with for Hopper?

Our red and black colours in exchange for navy blue.

Our first

I thought he was heading to Geelong ?

1 Like

Matt Kennedy is a damn good get if you know footy.

Trust me the kid can play and would slot perfectly into our style of game. Want. He’ll be this year’s James Stewart, surplus to Gws requirements yet perfectly capable.

I reckon we will also have some fringe mid in mind whose a bit of a good inside bull. Like Tommy Mitchell who couldn’t get a game at Sydney because of Josh Kennedy. Now have a look at the ■■■■■■ ball magnet go. Dodoro and Keene must have a target given our retirement list.

Kelly is a dreamy get. I am sure we will have a good but not the best offer on the table. Which is responsible in a bidding war. You always want a guy who first wants to play for you, then ensure.he gets paid right. Not the other way around.

3 Likes

Merrett next to Kelly!!!

Mitchell was getting plenty of game time at Sydney.

3 Likes

FMD

With a name like Hopper, not really expecting him to stay put!

2 Likes

Kid was a top 10 draft pick and has two years in the system. Our first pick is around pick 10-12 currently and I value him around a mid to high teens pick so there may be a shuffle of later picks

1 Like

Not quite true:

2015 19 games
2016 26