Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

Unfortunately, history suggests we won’t get either.
I do like a trade hypothetical though.

Agree. the teams that get the job done seem to have a very defined target and go hard at them.

If Hopper signs then I hope we draft Jack Powell out of their academy.

The only important sentence in the whole article. Though, perhaps, they missed the word “some”.

4 Likes

I’m not getting my hopes up on Hopper like many in here. Most of the mail points to him choosing others clubs if he does choose to leave GWS.

I think we’re a pretty poorly balanced list (great forward line, solid backline, and about 3 good midfielders) - but that actually might work in our favour. Hopper could conceivably be our#3 or #4 midfielder in a year or two, whereas he might struggle for a game at GWS. Plus kicking it to Joe Dan and TIPPA till the early morn.

The midfield is developing. Assuming McGrath goes through there, and that he and Parish will become very good mids in time. Merrett’s elite and Heppell has been elite and all Australian. That’s 4.
Myers provides and big bodied and is starting to find so form. The club understand the need for clearance players and that’s how they’re trying to develop Langford. They drafted Begley who they hope plays though there, as well as Mutch and Clarke. Zaka, Laverde, Raz and Tippa will rotate through the middle.
I think we have a lot of developing options in the midfield that give the midfleid depth, we need more high end elite mids.
I’d be very happy to use two firsts on Kelly

1 Like

Developing, but still our weakest area by far. By comparison I’m not sure a young Key position at either end would have much chance of getting a spot, other than through injuries.

1 Like

Clear as daylight that we need to add a few strong bodies to our young mid stocks. They are both the exact type of player we should be after and I’d be very disappointed if we aren’t going pretty hard here.

Hopper is a million times the prospect Caddy ever was IMO.

Definitely our weakest link. Every year of the saga I felt it was important to stock up on draft picks and nail a few. This year and next I’m really hopeful we can pinch a few quality young mids to come in.

I think Hopper is ok. But I reckon we are just as likely to go to the draft too.

We have a few budding inside mids on our list already too.

Begley i have serious hope for.
Lang/Lav could potentially become the Jobe recplacement we have been looking for too,
Dyl Clarke is unproven but drafted as an inside mid

I didn’t see this possibility until this last weekend, but it was a brief cameo with a team given up. could come true though.

I don’t think these will be true grunt mids, more a good balance of inside outside going forward factor.

I really don’t rate clarkes disposal, gonna need a spectacular renaissance to get into the first team imo.

I’d love for us to get hopper, decent skills, incredible ball winning ability and super tough. I think out of the prospects for trading/FA he’d be our best long term prospect, if we’re even in the conversation for him.

Good points on all.

My actual hope for the grunt mid superstar is Franics.

I have serious hope he will become Danger/Dusty for us.

Has the potential, needs to build the tank obviously, but so did Dnager and Dusty

1 Like

He’s quite a bit taller though, mate.

1 Like

Didn’t they trade it to Richmond for Deledio?

They traded geelong’s first round pick to richmond.(via carlton for Tuohy to gws for Pickett and Marchbank)

Plus cats are also getting Ablett
Nice gary

Clarke really is the type you should simply write off as a 2 yr low stakes gamble and consider it a huge bonus if he comes good.

3 Likes

Kennedy.

Both!
Offer up our first rounders this year and next and aim to get a second rounder back

2 Likes