HOT TAKES

This is Australian millennials you’re talking about, yeah?
Australian anythings ain’t gonna do nuffin’.
Except say okay boomer and make a meme about it.

2 Likes

Gen Z is probably the first generation that hasn’t been exposed to lead pollution and the deleterious effects that has on brain development.

2 Likes

Goes on to Gen Alpha

I’m sure there’s multiple marketing teams working on what to call the next generation.
Just don’t expect to know what it is until that next generation is worth targeting as a consumer market.
That is where all this “Generation” ■■■■ originated anyway.

That is quite possibly the most stupid thing I’ve read on Blitz this year.

I sure hope it was TIC or sarc. Fkn hell!

Why not.

It was gen x that allowed themselves to be bribed by Howard thus setting in train the politics of aus for going on twenty years now.

2 Likes

So just to be clear, … you’re saying no one but Gen X ers voted during this period you mention, … and furthermore, all those Gen X ers voted for Howard et al.

Howard didn’t buy the so called “Battlers” (Boomers) with massive handouts year upon year, while he squandered the richest period in the Nations history to buy his Vanity a stint equalling his mentor Menzies, … KIn Beasley wasn’t the most bland spiritless Leader Labor had seen in decades,… and all of us Gen xers that hit the streets multiple times vainly protesting against said squandering and in the end an illegal War for Oil also voted for Conning Johnny, yeah?

Ok, gotcha. :+1:

Aaaand, I’m out.

Not that it means anything in particular, but there does seem to be more 20-34 year-olds in Australia than 35-49 year-olds.

I mean…if you’re looking for someone to blame.

1 Like

Considering Howard came to power in 96, & the oldest X er was about 28-30, … and that roughly half of them were not even voting age yet, … then what %age of the electorate they actually made up at that point, & that most grew up on the Young Ones & Midnight Oil & were vastly left leaning, … and THEN that coincidentally by the time they all WERE Voting, … was when Howard was voted out,. …??

Like I said, … I think it’s the dumbest thing I’ve read here this year.

Yep and all the boomers where hippies

All gen y are environmental activists

It’s safe to say at this point that Australia skews rightwards.

Since 96 Labor has won one majority being Rudd. 1 left, 8 right and a draw. The right side isn’t my side of politics. But the leftward nirvana you dream of doesn’t exist in anywhere.

1 Like

You know that A. The majority of the young Vote Left, and the Majority over 40 vote right, … right?

And that B, the post war Boomers were the largest Generation in History, right?

The Boomers put Howard in, & fkn kept him in, & your statement that GenX did is categorically, and demonstrably wrong.

Just absolutely wrong.

He did squander it but it was on Gen x.

First home buyers
Family tax benefit
Private schools
Private health

Helped Gen X the most.

Um you do realise it’s Gen X who’s over 40 now yeah?

Ok, this is pointless.

I’m just winding you up.

I mean it’s pretty easy :joy:

hot take, ■■■■ off bsd, this is for hot takes not to defend ■■■■ ya boomski

trust the working class boomer to have no comprehension skills

2 Likes

I love how defensive gen x old people are about their undeniable sh/tness.

I mean every generation is sh/t, ,don’t get me wrong, but gen x suck. They’ve achieved literally nothing, and lived through no tough times, unless you count those few years where interest rates were high, and they had to pay 17% on their loan of 60,000 for their house in the inner suburbs. That must have been soooo tough!

5 Likes

Anyway HOT TAKE: no generation will be able to solve the world’s problems and we are all incontrovertibly and totally ■■■■■■.

2 Likes

This kind of generational battle is what Rupert wants.

Let’s direct our anger towards that cretinous ghoul

1 Like

Gen X has produced one prime minister in Australia to date, being Scott Morrison.

The prosecution rests its case.

3 Likes