HOT TAKES

Medium. Goes hard against tradition. But lol @ thinking there’ll be a different outcome.

Hot.

I can already envision the rage-fueled Facebook comments on a post announcing this.

1 Like

Any player who wasn’t drafted and has played a season of state league football should be an unrestricted free agent. You had your chance to draft them already, cowards.

8 Likes

Player loans.

Starting with finals, and it should be capped inversely to finishing position (team that finished 8th can get, say 5 players on lease, whereas team that finished first gets 1). Opens up the finals series and means more of the guns get to play in the important matches.

No rating. This is barely a take.

Hottttt

2 Likes

I’d go completely the opposite.

34 round season, each team plays everyone else twice. No preseason comp (clubs can organise preseason praccy matches between each other if they like), no byes, nothing like that. Shorten the preseason too. So that players don’t get burnt out, every player MUST be rested for at least four (six?) games each per year, with at least four rounds between rests (so scumbag clubs don’t just tick off all of the rest weeks for their best player when he’s recovering from a hammy).

Also, midseason draft can ■■■■ right off, it just punishes state-league clubs for good recruiting and coaching. If clubs have a sucky list midseason, it’s their own fault.

8 Likes

There should be no such thing as a clash jumper. Anybody that cannot properly tell which team is which, is too dumb to be living in this country and should be deported.

23 Likes

I originally had this as a Hot, but downgraded to Medium because it sounds like something the AFL might actually do.

1 Like

No finals footy.

Play 27 rounds and whoever is on top then is declared the premier. Just like the EPL. Would put added value on h&a games and take the luck out of being the best on the last day in September.

2 Likes

Light drizzling of Mild. Too many fans believe in this already.

Lemon & Herb.

Again, literally millions and millions of fans back this one.

HOTTTTTT

Almost went Extra Hot because of keeping the number of games unbalanced.

1 Like

We should have a ‘Dog Round’ that shows appreciation towards dogs.

Players have to wear boots on their feet and hands, and run around on all fours. And can only pick up the ball with their mouths.

At the breaks the coach is only allowed to pat them if they’re good or scold them if they’re bad.

15 Likes

Oh, this is an old one of mine. Finals opponents should be decided by the teams, i.e. 1st should be able to choose who they play in week 1, then 2nd (if not already chosen) chooses who they play. Sure, mostly 1st would pick 8th, etc, but imagine the ■■■■■■■ drama if 1st chose 4th or something and then lost. Magic.

2 Likes

Tassie need to stop whining about wanting an AFL team until they can run something resembling a functional state league.

1 Like

This one is hurting my head. What if 8th beat 1st, do they then get a week off and straight to a prelim?

I don’t know where to go here. I honestly feel like this would be unironically very popular.

1 Like

Oooh yeah, this one is HOTTTT. Imagine the fkn rage if we finished top and chose to play a second placed Richmond at Marvel.

I’d have gone Extra Hot if this wasn’t just an idea you were throwing out and it was something you were genuinely and passionately backing.

1 Like

Lemon & Herb.

Yawn.