HOT TAKES

Running the u18 champs in the middle of the season is dumb, they should be run at the end of the year, leading straight into the draft camp.

2 Likes

Straight knockout. Finishing highers gives you home ground and picking your opponent. Highest winners pick opponents in subsequent rounds. I’m not saying it would be fair or good, but it’d be a drama factory.

16 players a side like the old VFA on the ground at one time, get rid of the wings. Reduce the rolling mauls , continuous ball ups, crowding around the ball BS.

Would definitely have an increase of scoring across the board, the game would be more open & work a hell of a lot better than this new 6/6/6 rule which was only bought in to increase scoring & has achieved diddly squat.

Players nowadays are bigger,stronger & fitter, can run further for longer etc than the old days - added benefit is that it would suit the current Essendon style of play too.

3 Likes

Make the 50 metre penalty either 15 or 25 metre - Its a ridiculous penalty that’s out of line with the game.

1 Like

To follow on from my earlier (HOT cough) suggestion, I propose we get rid of the point posts.

It’s the two goal posts and that’s it. You either score a goal or nothing. And as above, if it goes through, regardless of hitting the post or opposition touching it, it is a goal. No more behinds.

Time these lads learnt how to wee in the toilet bowl and not the floor.

1 Like

I really do think this needs to happen. Where do I sign up?

Mild.

Do you work for Channel 7?

Mild.

As if this wouldn’t be backed by everyone.

FK YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT. EXTRA HOTTTTTT.

Way too many vanilla opinions being thrown up today Blitz. I know it’s Friday but c’mon and lift your game. Let’s get #cancelled

2 Likes

You could go back to what (I think) was the original scoring system. Most goals wins, behinds as a tiebreaker.

qq

2 Likes

Bring back the idea that footy is for all shapes and sizes -
Every team must have at least two blokes 170 cm or less, two fat blokes ( measured on a height/ mass index) and a tall stringy guy who weighs less than a damp dishcloth.
Bonus points for baldness and professionally diagnosed anger management issues.

15 Likes

We’re on to something here. Wheelchair rugby uses a points system where each player is graded on functional mobility range and you’ve got a max value you can have on the court at any given time.

Use BMI for footy. If you want a lean midfield, your forward line must resemble a truck stop.

4 Likes

only 2 umps per game. More chance of consistency

no more bouncing the ball by the umpires, EVER

Clash jumpers are scrapped. If you can’t tell which team is which, you need glasses

The season should be 34 rounds long. The top 8 teams after 34 rounds qualify for finals.

The players on the list for those teams are then put in a draft to be selected into one of 16 made up AFLx teams who will each be coached by a retired player who is now a colourful or outspoken media personality. They play a 30 round season with two rounds a week. The afl x team with the best record wins the competition. The afl team whose players accumulate the most SuperCoach points over the aflx final series wins the premiership. Controversy can be generated if a different premier would result by using afl fantasy points etc.

In the remaining three weeks of the year you hold the draft and trade period and then the next season starts.

Year round football!

WOAH EVERYONE CHECK OUT MARY MARY QUITE CONTRARY OVER HERE with opinions that are totally not shared by the entire planet.

1 Like

■■■■ off the running bounce. Who cares if they’ve run 15 or 16m or whatever the rule is. It’s impossible to judge accurately and I want to see blokes run the like ■■■■■■■ wind!

ok that’s just silly

draft and trade period should be two weeks max

1 Like

When time on is reached - the siren sounds, play stops, and each team has 1 minute to select 9 players to remain on the ground. Play continues with a centre bounce employing a 3-3-3 configuration. No interchanges allowed for the duration of the time on period.

2 Likes

HOTTTT

1 Like