HOT TAKES

And you suck @simmo41! I thought this was going to be version 2 of the hot chicks thread that I’ve heard such good things about previously but never had the pleasure of enjoying.

1 Like

Scrap the interchange. Have 2 on the bench and players can only come off for injuries. No kicking a goal and running straight to the bench. You come off you can’t come back on for the rest of the quarter. That will open the game up. Pretty sure in the 80s if you were on the bench you were lucky to get a run until at least halfway through third quarter. Footy was great back then.

BRING BACK THE WHEEL

images%20(1)

1 Like

This is an awesome idea. The players from the club should be made to walk round the boundary carrying the spoon while Creep by Radiohead plays.

2 Likes

“Loser” by beck

3 Likes

“We are the Navy Blues”, surely.

6 Likes

All ruck contests should be able to do whatever they like.

Hold, push, grab, block doesn’t matter as long as it’s not above the shoulders or things like punches. Too weak to stand your ground? Toughen up!

Then no more of the we all wait to see what the umpire saw that no one else has decisions.

Get rid of the boundary line and the point posts.

Install ice hockey boards and nets around the edge of the playing area. No out of bounds any more, no throw ins.

You can score by coming around the back of the goals but not by kicking the ball through from the side closest to the crowd.

1 Like

Bring back the Sydney Swanettes, at least something qpild be attractive about Sydney football.
also whilst on Sydney, we should take their lead and bring back red shorts.

Kevin Sheedy is a boring interview.

• rarely answers the actual question he is asked
  • rarely provides insight into the great bomber teams of the past
  • repeats the same anecdotes (did you know we lost to the hawks by 25 goals in 1992, and less than a year later we won the gf!?)

I’m 100% with you on this!!!

Replace the MRP with an actual chook lotto.

2 Likes

People claim they don’t want the AFL to make rules changes but they secretly do (see this thread).

After reading this thread it amazes me how many bored Blitzers there are.

Abolish interchange rotations. Completely.

Keep 4 on the bench as reserves like soccer but if you come off - injury, concussion, rest, whatever - you stay off.

Only exception being the blood rule - it you come off, you can come back on but your team is playing one down until you do. If it takes too long to bandage that cut then you better replace that bleeding mother farker with a new player.

1 Like

Exit Music for a Film. Depress those losers

1 Like

Blokes who were considered ■■■■■ while playing should be treated as such post retirement.

1 Like

Ok so it seems like everyone’s taken this thread as another opportunity to whinge about rules and stuff.

Of which very, very few are HOT TAKES. Because they’re more or less universally agreed with.

A HOT TAKE is a take that you are pretty sure no one else would be on board with.

I’m gonna throw out a couple to re-launch

• Current day Lance Franklin would not get a game at any other AFL club. Sydney persist with him because they feel they have to. Clarko wouldn’t have picked him since mid-2017.
  • While the Pride Cup is a great initiative at grassroots level, a “Pride Game” in the [men’s] AFL is meaningless without actual representation within playing ranks.
  • The sole reason Jack Silvagni is on an AFL list is because of his dad (bad example as this is almost universally agreed upon but you get where I’m going)
3 Likes

could we apply it to a current essendon f/s?