How old to wear a Football jumper to a game?

Tony farking no mates Jones indeed.

Must be a fair few people. An ex-student of mine is a partner in a business that buys and sells sports memorabilia. Does okay out of it as well. Have a look in any man cave, and you know what are you going to see hanging on the walls.

I think theres a difference though in wearing a footy jumper to a game.

And

Just wearing one to the shops/pub(non game day)/night out etc.

The latter takes a bit of a character. To me its often the guy missing a few teeth, bit disheveled and it wouldnt surpise me if he lives under a bridge.(always seems to be around train stations anyway)

At least thats the rugby league equivalent in Sydney.

The former is just a normal footy supporter.

I find it odd when someone goes to a game to support their team and don’t wear a single item that displays their teams colours.

16 Likes

Hiding.

3 Likes

I was at a Kim Churchill concert the other day and one drunk idiot was slagging off about how people dressed. It says more about his own insecurities and toxic masculinity than it says about the way people choose to dress.

2 Likes

LOL.

1 Like

Holy ■■■■.

I’ve been looking for one of those for so long!

$250 is pretty steep, though…

1 Like

I’ve lost count of the number of times we’ve met fellow Essendon supporters all over Australia and around the world because we’re wearing our Essendon caps. Sometimes they walk by, smile and say, “Go Bombers!” Often they’ll stop and have a lengthy chat about all things Essendon. It’s a special camaraderie we all share….(but if you’re not on your gear then you miss those special moments and connections)

7 Likes

Do you dress up as Thor when you go to a superhero movie?

I wore mine till pre covid when i was 28. But now i opt for the game day polos /hoodie!

That’s great @loyalandproud, if I try to acknowledge someone with anything Essendon on they look at me like I’ve asked them for a million bucks.

edit: perhaps re the saga, I don’t know

1 Like

That’s disappointing- other supporters are always ready to have a crack, but we’ve found Bombers fans all friendly (although I’m probably referring to outside of Vic where we’re a rarer breed :laughing:…(It’s like , “Yeah, an AFL fan!”)

2 Likes

that is by far, one of the stupidest things i have ever heard

tony jones is a dickwad

2 Likes

Not DC movies, obviously.

Imagine if nobody in the crowd wore club colours to games. How bland would it be?

2 Likes

Dunno generally I look at the people on the oval when I watch a game of footy live.

I’ll give you one thing - when you have an opinion, you stick to it

1 Like

Surprised here. I’m in the camp of still wearing the jumper, albeit usually with a shirt underneath.

Agree about a missed opportunity for a jumper style polo.

1 Like

You’ve taken it too far.