How old to wear a Football jumper to a game?

Tony Jones just said on the Tennis that it’s tragic seeing a man in his 50’s wear a Football jumper to a game, and that the limit should be about 18.
My mates and l had a rule after we turned 18, no jumpers with numbers, and although l’ve occasionally worn a short sleeve jumper under a hoodie to a game, l haven’t worn a stand alone jumper to a game outside my early twenties.

So is there a limit? And do Blitzers wear jumpers to games.

Tony Jones, man of the people.

16 Likes

Fk TJ and anyone who wants to set a limit. I don’t personally wear jumpers but each to their own.

I’m also a little jelly when I see people in old school woollen jumpers.

22 Likes

I got one of the old long sleeve wool guernseys.

3 Likes

I know tradition and all that, but it’s always surprised me that a money making establishment like the AFL haven’t tried to move to your rugby style jerseys with the short and tight sleeves. I think it would see merchandise sales go through the roof, i never liked wearing the singlet top, but if it were a soccer style top I’d be more inclined.

2 Likes

So you’re too cool to be seen in the jumper?

3 Likes

If you are going to wear one. Make sure you have a tee on underneath. And make sure the jumper doesn’t show off your fat.

That’s when it looks awful.

8 Likes

I wear my number 5 nubrick sponsored jumper.

7 Likes

No limit, if i see a 70yr old in a jumper with 43 on the back, I’m thinking that’s pretty awesome.

11 Likes

There was a mock up of this couple years ago. Dunno where the style for our away strip comes from though.

If you are going to the footy, then wear what ever you like to show which tribe you are.

If you are going to the supermarket, then no footy jumpers past the age of 12.

15 Likes

I stopped when I became old enough that going to a bar/club post-game became a routine thing (i.e., at the age of 18).

But each to their own. No judgement here.

3 Likes

As long as they fit. Some people shouldn’t be wearing them.

If I could wear a jumper, I would.
To the footy, any footy, not to the tennis.

Having said that, it always makes my heart rise a little when I see an Essendon jumper on telly at Lords or…I think it was at WWE one time?

Or in a Goanna video.

■■■■ Tony Jones.

Edit: or was that a Paul Kelly video? Or both? I am very old.

10 Likes

Ohh yeah, forgot to add that to my post.

He can 100% GAGF.

5 Likes

Wear whatever you like- not sure who made TJ the clothing police. (Or the voice of anything for that matter)
I wear either #5 or #22

5 Likes

Sure as hell wasn’t Bec Judd.

4 Likes

You just do you. If you’re not doing anything wrong, ■■■■ what people think.

5 Likes

I’ve always thought there should be a “responsible selling of clothes” policy for shops, just like “responsible selling of alcohol” for pubs.

“Oh, I’m sorry sir, I’m not allowed to sell you that top, your gut is hanging out underneath and your man boobs are on display”

3 Likes