How old to wear a Football jumper to a game?

Yes

1 Like

I don’t think there’s an age limit.
You have to lick ■■■ though…
eat-my-butt-best-spot-in-the-house

3 Likes

They’re going to sell out now aren’t they?

Well I wouldn’t get my butt licked, but perhaps I’ll take a shirt.

Are you sure this isn’t just an excuse to rub your crotch with a red ball all day, and ask the girlies “Hey, wanna see my in-swinger?”

Or maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes

Seriously? If you think about it, it’s seriously weird to have a belief of how people should dress.

2 Likes

Spoken like someone that’s never seen a 40+ 120kg woman in a Madonna t-shirt at the local mall.
And you wonder why she’s swearing at her kids.

No. Some standards should be maintained.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest, watching people you don’t know play sport is fundamentally ridiculous. Supporting a professional football team is an absurd thing to do. Being emotionally invested in an artificial contest between a bunch of young men (or, obviously, women) because of the jumper they’re wearing is beyond any sort of reason. The person who thinks they occupy some high ground of maturity and rationality just because they don’t wear the same jumper as the players while they watch is, to my mind, a thousand times more tragic than the jumper wearer. Don’t wear the jumper, wear the jumper, whatever. It’s a ■■■■■■■ carnival of irrational behaviour, embrace the ways people love football.

15 Likes

I mean…if we were autons with no emotions or experiences then that would maybe make sense.

Having said that, I don’t understand ill-feeling towards players that really didn’t do anything wrong by the club.
Especially Carlisle, who went out of his way to make sure we were compensated.
Ryder went out of his way to make sure we weren’t.

1 Like

It’s seriously weird to have zero self awareness, and not know when you probably shouldn’t be wearing certain things.

2 Likes

You’re over thinking it.

People can wear whatever they want.

It doesn’t stop other people from noticing.

Why probably shouldn’t you?

1 Like

I do.

If your opinion is “wow, that old guy wearing a football jumper at a football game is tragic” you must think that for a reason.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you meant “automatons”, but the Auton sense of fashion is pretty out-of-date.

1 Like

When I see a guy who weighs 160 kilos, and looks like he is about to explode out of his Essendon jumper… I do think “Maybe it’s time for a change.”

There is lots of other Essendon things you can wear.

1 Like

Are you aware you are posting on Blitz?

2 Likes

Young people aren’t all athletic, and old people aren’t all fat. The question was age, not body shape.

1 Like

Agree about self awareness when it comes to people stopping and standing in the way of busy footpaths etc. Some people don’t walk properly and clearly were never taught to pay attention to what’s going on around them :joy:

1 Like

You know I meant the seriously scary manikins (hmmm…precursor to both the Angels and Christmas bots? It’s weird…by the time of The Five Doctors they were among the most deadly in the multiverse).

Sorry, what were we talking about?