How to post images/gifs

Okay, to make things easier and because I have nothing better to do. Here is how to post images you have on your computer to bomberblitz.

First you need your image, a site to host (I use imgur because its easy).

Second click new post (upload), then you can drag your image into the area that shows up or browse to the images location via browse. i’m lazy so you only get drag.

now that you’ve dragged it in you can add more images and do the same again or just drag multiple at once and it will work.

next you want to right click (secondary click for mac users, or touch and hold for mobile). and click copy image address (chrome), url (firefox/safari)

then paste it in a post and add whatever you want to say as regular text as you would any other post.

then hit post

And then, with the current forum software, you’ll still only see the text of the link. Hit refresh, and the image will appear.

(If you don’t hit refresh, don’t worry; it’ll appear fine for everyone else, and for you when you come back to that page. The current software “cheats” when you post by appending what you wrote, rather than grabbing the new page all over again.)

And does imgur allow you to remove that image if you like?

if you have an account. used to also be a link at the bottom which you’d paste into a browser and it’d delete. But I’ve had an account for years so haven’t used it.

if you have an account. used to also be a link at the bottom which you’d paste into a browser and it’d delete. But I’ve had an account for years so haven’t used it.

Ok - so that’s important for people to know, coupled with the above info.
If you don’t make an account - that image you loaded to imgur - is there forever.

If you don’t make an account - that image you loaded to imgur - is there forever.

its there forever anyway.

nothing comes off the internet.

But you know what I mean.
If on impulse you posted a pic, and linked it, and then quickly decided you erred, and wanted to remove it - you can’t unless you have an account.
Barnz - that’s important info.

But you know what I mean.
If on impulse you posted a pic, and linked it, and then quickly decided you erred, and wanted to remove it - you can’t unless you have an account.
Barnz - that’s important info.

yes but theres hundreds of sites that host, i just said I used imgur, I didn’t say you had to. its not an endorsement, merely a statement of what I do.

@Deckham

@Deckham

http://i.imgur.com/vQ6pXOB.png

Ta :slight_smile:

Cheers barnz most thoughtful

Dammit

■■■■

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder561/500x/56063561.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/ZIkL9

Your URL needs to end with a filetype such as .jpg or .gif

Awesome. That’s my foot.