How would you feel about changing forum software, again

If we switched to Discourse from Vanilla we’d get

• Live thread updates
  • Search that actually works
  • In-built ‘Likes’ (not hacked in like on this)
  • ‘Like’ notifications
  • More organised quoting and replying (click back to quoted post, reply to individual post, etc)

Example of Discourse:

I’m hesitant to change again, if ever, because we’ve flipped around so many times before already. But I do really like Discourse having used it on another forum and am interested to know if enough people think the above feature list is worth changing again.

DO IT.

Do what you must. I hate change though, unless it’s necessary

Will it fix the posting issue I have? If so then yes!

Real questions:

How much will it cost? Someone has to be paying for this and I haven’t seen any bills or threads asking for a donation since 2-3 years ago.

How long will the site be down?

Do you even have the time to do it? (I’m guessing yes if you are contemplating moving it)

God, that example is awful.

Real questions:

How much will it cost? Someone has to be paying for this and I haven’t seen any bills or threads asking for a donation since 2-3 years ago.

How long will the site be down?

Do you even have the time to do it? (I’m guessing yes if you are contemplating moving it)

Also do user accounts need to be started again or are they just merged/carried across?

Would love a search that actually works…so yes

Do what you must. I hate change though, unless it's necessary

Same for me Riolio.

• Pay no mind to cost
  • Site would be down for 24-48 hours so this is the time of year to do it
  • Accounts/content would be transferred across, I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise the site content again
  • Change does suck, but this forum software’s not going to get much better than it is now
  • That example’s not awesome but most Discourse forums look very similar. I’d theme it as close as possible to what we have now for familiarity factor. Can also throw in some of that 90’s screensaver feel Boot’s so fond of.

DO IT.

If you need to do it, now would be a good time given, No saga talk, draft still a while off, no real news, unless we sign a delsited free agent.
And if search can be improved that is a bonus, as now only really finds recent stuff.

DO IT.

+1

Meh. I’m not screaming for change.

can you do it tomoro?

If you need to do it, now would be a good time given, No saga talk, draft still a while off, no real news, unless we sign a delsited free agent. And if search can be improved that is a bonus, as now only really finds recent stuff.

I’d probably do it post-draft.

can you do it tomoro?

I get jokes.

Meh. I'm not screaming for change.

People that follow your VFL coverage are! Imagine live updates without refreshing the page!!

God, that example is awful.

Understatement.

You forgot to list the non-greener-grass characteristics too B)

(No, I don’t know what they are… yet.)