Mod Squad: Should this be in the Saga cat or The Nuse Zimmer?
IIT and ATT:
- This is an election year - at least for a half Senate election and possibly a double disillusionment election.
- I will carefully consider my votes (yes, you have more than one in a preferential system) according to which politicians have conspired to screw over the 34, which have sat on their hands/turned a blind eye and which politicians have gone above and beyond in the quest for truth, justice and the Australian way.
- From what I've read on blitz, I gather that I am far from alone in having the asaga influence my voting.
- Life isn't black and white and nor is politics. There are other issues at play in the country and the world to consider. For instance, just for me personally, I happen to think that climate change is a more important issue than athletes being treated as second class citizens and being denied fair access to justice.
- When all senate candidates are announced, I will prepare how to vote below the line cards for the senate, with an Essendon 34 slant. These should help you out in making your decisions, whether you're of a BenFTI bent, a Bacchusfox type bent, or indeed a Day Tripper type bent.
- It sounds promising the Senate voting system will change for the better. HOWEVER, voting above the line will still give you the parties' order of their candidates, not yours. Some individuals from different parties will have a different record on the Essendon 34 and their part in their downfall.
- Let's make the bastards pay.
- Maybe in this thread there could be some MHRs who have said some stupid things about the EFC34 and deserve to loose their seat? Maybe you know of an MHR who has gone above and beyond?
- Some people in this thread might be more Essendon/AFL focused and some might be more 34 players focused. Whateves - deal with it.
Regardless of your stance on abortion or climate change, I think everyone in blitzdom should give consideration to putting John Madigan higher than they would have otherwise. For instance, maybe he won’t be your first, second, third or fourth preference. But maybe you will want to put him higher than the ALP and Coalition candidates?
Brought to you by Another Ill-conceived thread idea from Westing Wuckman Productions