Hugh IS This McLuggage and How Many Brownlow?

As potential no. 1, highlights are underwhelming. Nothing special. In contrast, McGrath is like Parish. Quick reaction times. Has a bit of X factor about him too. Is by far the standout player. Even if he's a short ■■■■!

trade pick 1 for McCluggage Shaun Edwards.

Would you prefer a judd like player with less pace or a Hodge like player with more pace?

Also now that clug is out of the combine can we have @HumbleMinion 's take on him please?

Would you prefer a judd like player with less pace or a Hodge like player with more pace?

Hodge with toe

Kicking: Tick, Goal sense: Tick, Decision making: Tick, but I caught a shirt off glimpse of McLuggage at the Draft Combine. Some puppy fat , with little muscle definition. Nowhere near the physical condition Parish was in at the draft combine in 2015. Is gonna need a full on pre-season for strength and also in the ring because he will have to play against men. Also because he is out of the combine running we will not see his 3 km time trial or beep test either.

Because he hasn’t had a preseason this year?

Want Clug. Why so much anti-Clug sentiment in the Clug thread?

Because he hasn't had a preseason this year?

I think he was at school during the year, not a full time professional footballer having done a full time professional pre-season.

I am not anti Clugg at all but the draft combine gives clubs a chance to see pretty much where each kid is at and few of them have bodies at AFL level.

Last year the big debate was Oliver or Parish. Oliver arrived at the Dees puffy and managed 13 games, but he looks like being a good player.
Parish was in excellent shape , good strength, fit, and ran out 20 games , averaging about the same disposals etc etc as Oliver.

Question: If we draft McLuggage he is probably not going to be a walk up start for best 22 but it seems McGrath is athletically advanced and will be ready to run onto the ground in round 1 . We have 10 senior players coming back. at least 2 free agents coming in. Any draftee will find it difficult to break into the side in 2017. So should being round -1-ready be a factor?

Want Clug. Why so much anti-Clug sentiment in the Clug thread?

People don’t want an outside midfielder apparently. Even though he’s got a decent inside game.

But you know, it’s Bomberblitz… the place where everyone of our recruits played everywhere but in the midfield.

Want. Can’t remember the last consistent goal kicking midfielder we had.

I think he was at school during the year, not a full time professional footballer having done a full time professional pre-season.

I am not anti Clugg at all but the draft combine gives clubs a chance to see pretty much where each kid is at and few of them have bodies at AFL level.

Last year the big debate was Oliver or Parish. Oliver arrived at the Dees puffy and managed 13 games, but he looks like being a good player.
Parish was in excellent shape , good strength, fit, and ran out 20 games , averaging about the same disposals etc etc as Oliver.

Question: If we draft McLuggage he is probably not going to be a walk up start for best 22 but it seems McGrath is athletically advanced and will be ready to run onto the ground in round 1 . We have 10 senior players coming back. at least 2 free agents coming in. Any draftee will find it difficult to break into the side in 2017. So should being round -1-ready be a factor?

not an afl pre-season but the kid was coming off a back injury and couldn’t fkg train beforehand.

In short: no. In slightly less short: we’re looking for the player who’ll be the best for the longest, what he does for his first 6 months is almost totally irrelevant.

Lock in clug if we miss out of him going to be annoying

CLUG

Surely if we keep pick one we are taking this kid. He will be a jet

Disco on draft day with Clug. Blitz off to the side watching

Who Is This McLuggage And Why Does He Not Want Us To Draft SPS?

So clug is an eyegouger and mcgrath a sniper?

I don’t want these types at essendon, get Brodie instead

spot on

spot on

and would you prefer a Judd or a Hodge as captain?