Hugh IS This McLuggage and How Many Brownlow?

Would you prefer a judd like player with less pace or a Hodge like player with more pace?

spot on

and would you prefer a Judd or a Hodge as captain?

Which ever one doesn’t drink drive

Probably the most underwhelming no 1 in the history of number 1’s. Slower than my 101 yr old grandmother paying for her miki ticket at the local Italian deli

Probably the most underwhelming no 1 in the history of number 1's. Slower than my 101 yr old grandmother paying for her miki ticket at the local Italian deli

No offence, but I reckon I’ll go with the opinions of the ‘other’ experts who beg to differ.

By the way, Diesel Williams wasn’t the quickest player. He still won a couple of Brownlows though.

Probably the most underwhelming no 1 in the history of number 1's. Slower than my 101 yr old grandmother paying for her miki ticket at the local Italian deli

Would you prefer a judd like player with less pace or a Hodge like player with more pace?

Except McCluggage kicks like Hodge, McGrath kicks like Judd.
In front of goal McCluggage doesn’t miss.

Judd rarely missed when on the move around goals, he was an ordinary set shot and a big standard field kick though

Judd rarely missed when on the move around goals, he was an ordinary set shot and a big standard field kick though

I beg to differ, I have seen Judd miss some sitters on the run and from set shots.
Judds kicking was the only thing which let him down, other then that what a ■■■■■■ champion.

That’s preposterous !

What Italian Deli sells Miki tickets ?

Kicking: Tick, Goal sense: Tick, Decision making: Tick, but I caught a shirt off glimpse of McLuggage at the Draft Combine. Some puppy fat , with little muscle definition. Nowhere near the physical condition Parish was in at the draft combine in 2015. Is gonna need a full on pre-season for strength and also in the ring because he will have to play against men. Also because he is out of the combine running we will not see his 3 km time trial or beep test either.

He’s no JO’M

Kicking: Tick, Goal sense: Tick, Decision making: Tick, but I caught a shirt off glimpse of McLuggage at the Draft Combine. Some puppy fat , with little muscle definition. Nowhere near the physical condition Parish was in at the draft combine in 2015. Is gonna need a full on pre-season for strength and also in the ring because he will have to play against men. Also because he is out of the combine running we will not see his 3 km time trial or beep test either.

He’s no JO’M

but he has knees, so… the good with the bad.

Is he actually slow? He seemed quick enough to me in the all stars game.

The difference between this draft and the rest is, that it’s up to us to pick who’s the best player in the draft. Most years the best player picks themselves.

Is he actually slow? He seemed quick enough to me in the all stars game.

Especially that smart intercept in a group of a few players on the wing, running on to kick his fourth goal.

He’s no JO’M

No Jomo
Surely if we keep pick one we are taking this kid. He will be a jet

Or a Bomber even.

It’s a shame there’s no online footage available of McCluggage displaying pick #1 skills. Surprising given how consistent his numbers are.

It's a shame there's no online footage available of McCluggage displaying pick #1 skills. Surprising given how consistent his numbers are.

He’s the slow and steady type like G O’Donnell is his day. Not no. 1! Essendon have enough of those sort of players. They need dynamic, game breaking types who can take the game on. Not plodders (am I being a little harsh? :wink: )

It's a shame there's no online footage available of McCluggage displaying pick #1 skills. Surprising given how consistent his numbers are.

He’s the slow and steady type like G O’Donnell is his day. Not no. 1! Essendon have enough of those sort of players. They need dynamic, game breaking types who can take the game on. Not plodders (am I being a little harsh? :wink: )

Yep.
It’s the classic case of trying to find faults in a players game rather than focusing on what they do well. Everyone does it.
We all want that Dangerfield/Judd explosive type mid, and I think maybe see that a little in McGrath because he’s quick.

McCluggage gets it 30 a game and kicks a couple. You can’t teach that. He wins his own footy because he reads the game so well and is in the right spots - not because he gives and gets and racks up cheap possessions.
The kids a gun and no. 1.

Also, his body looks like he’ll put on weight quite easily. He’s not a rake.

On the one hand, he’s a Heppell. On the other hand, he’s a Jerret. On the other, he’s a Pendles.

On the one hand, he's a Heppell. On the other hand, he's a Jerret. On the other, he's a Pendles.

He’s the Jerret we wish Jerret could be.