Hugh IS This McLuggage and How Many Brownlow?

His name is weird. There I said it.

Pretty underwhelming vision from the Champs. Hopefully they arenā€™t representative of what his foot skills are like. There are also knocks on his hardness at the ball. Makes we think that trading pick one for two other picks is a better move, especially considering the top ten is said to be more even than previous years.

Didn't excite me that much. But I still WANT. I'm so confused.

I see a lot of Cotchin in him.

I see the potential for the player cotchin could have been.

I still want ainsworth, canā€™t have too many people that get the ball a lot, kick goals and just break open the game dobbing 3 in the 3rd quarter.

Doesnā€™t mcluggage do that?

I donā€™t see mccluggage absolutely go nuts for a quarter and monster anyone and everyone. heā€™s consistent over the 4 though.

Fair enough, they both seem to be the blitz faves for our pick. Why isnā€™t there much love for Brodie?

Ainsworth and McCluggage are more the kind of player we need/lack than Brodie.

McLuggage?

Or McCluggage?

How is it really oronounced

Normal sized Caleb Daniel?

Why dont we just take a gamble and try and accelerate our development.

Keep pick 1 and trade 19 and our first rounder for next year for GWS pick 5 and pick 50. If not that then something similar with GC

Then Pick up Ainsworth (or McGrath).

McCluggage and Ainsworth get an extra year development on next years potential pick. Plus back yourself to finish top 8.

Is a gamble but if McCluggage is genuinely number 1 how often do you get to pick an Ainsworth type as well?

Win now! Iā€™m feeling bullish!

think cotchin would've been quite the player if he didn't get the captaincy dumped on him and all that expectation that richmond have. Not the say he's bad, but I think it stunted his potential.

100%.

Both he and Marc Murphy are shadows of the players they were 3-4 years ago. They have both gone backwards and perhaps are a lesson in not annointing captains too young.

I think itā€™s more to do with the fact that they play for Richmond and Carlton.

Both clubs development programs are sh*t.

I still want ainsworth, canā€™t have too many people that get the ball a lot, kick goals and just break open the game dobbing 3 in the 3rd quarter.

I donā€™t see mccluggage absolutely go nuts for a quarter and monster anyone and everyone. heā€™s consistent over the 4 though.

Fair enough, they both seem to be the blitz faves for our pick. Why isnā€™t there much love for Brodie?

Ainsworth and McCluggage are more the kind of player we need/lack than Brodie.

Not in 3 years time.

McLuggage?

Or McCluggage?

How is it really oronounced

Irono, mae

For me Mccluggage has 3 things that you just canā€™t teach. Decent speed (seen the Mitchell comparison but Mccluggage is quicker), he gets lots of the ball (not cheap possessions across half back but through the midfield) and he does something with it (how many genuine high possession junior midfielder have ever kicked or set up the number of goals he has?).

For me Mccluggage has 3 things that you just can't teach. Decent speed (seen the Mitchell comparison but Mccluggage is quicker), he gets lots of the ball (not cheap possessions across half back but through the midfield) and he does something with it (how many genuine high possession junior midfielder have ever kicked or set up the number of goals he has?).

Heā€™s also at a much higher level than his team mates. As The Bomb mentions there is so many times that he gives it off to his team mates who are simply too slow to react, donā€™t have the the skill to read the play or just simply have poor skills to take possession. So in the highlights it looks like he turns the ball over. I think Clugga will look even be more dangerous in a team with better team mates.

For me Mccluggage has 3 things that you just can't teach. Decent speed (seen the Mitchell comparison but Mccluggage is quicker), he gets lots of the ball (not cheap possessions across half back but through the midfield) and he does something with it (how many genuine high possession junior midfielder have ever kicked or set up the number of goals he has?).

Heā€™s also at a much higher level than his team mates. As The Bomb mentions there is so many times that he gives it off to his team mates who are simply too slow to react, donā€™t have the the skill to read the play or just simply have poor skills to take possession. So in the highlights it looks like he turns the ball over. I think Clugga will look even be more dangerous in a team with better team mates.

Yeah thatā€™s what I thought while watching the clip too

Steele Sidebottom is by far the best comparison.
Quick enough, more outside than inside but goes when has to and kicks goals.

Logical choice says go the performer over 4 quarters as opposed to the player that might turn it on for a quarter

Steele Sidebottom is by far the best comparison. Quick enough, more outside than inside but goes when has to and kicks goals.

Sidebottom is a gun and would be very happy for someone of his calibre/playing style in our side.

If that means he will run into open goals on Anzac Day until the early morningā€¦ than WANT.

We should pick up Sidebottom

Reckon he has some of the attributes of Caleb Daniel - Clean ball handler, very good kick and good decision maker.

We should pick up Sidebottom

Rearlly?

How many Sidebottom Matthew Knights want Essendon draft?