Hugh IS This McLuggage and How Many Brownlow?

Them highlights were crap, not much stood out. Please tell me he's actually better than that.

Bit unfair. He got a lot of it and was pretty dangerous in around goal and brought team mates into the game. Wasn’t without some blunders, but I would have thought he was generally pretty clean and a good decision maker.

Im not saying he is or isnt a good player, i dint know because ive never seen him play. But for a number 1 pick, them videos were hardly inspiring. Barely hit a target by foot in field kicking. No signs of breakaway pace from clearances. No stand out attribute in general play from them highlights for mine. The mid who goes #1 in the draft should have a pretty good highlights reel you’d think

Like i said, i hope he’s better than them videos. I presume he is if he’s touted as the #1

I guess we should pick Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls then apparently his highlights were amazing.

The best under 18 highlight package I have seen is Aaron Francis, Hugh isn’t a athletic freak like Dangerfield or Fyfe, he is much like Merrett, Mitchell, Gaff ect just gets the job done type of mid, will always be involved, creates lots of opportunities for team mates, always puts himself in great positions, amazing link up player ect.

The 1 thing I think goes un noticed in those 2 videos of McCluggage is how he managed to kick 6 goals as a mid, also passed off 2 or 3 for players in better position, which those other players managed to miss.
When you watch Hugh you will also be ■■■■■■ when he passes the ball off instead of taking the shot himself, he just manages to create scoring opportunities, not through bursting packs with power and pace but by smart field positioning.

Footy smarts are majorly underrated when watching a highlight tape, that’s why Mitchell and Merrett are so underrated by those outside of their clubs.

Them highlights were crap, not much stood out. Please tell me he's actually better than that.

Bit unfair. He got a lot of it and was pretty dangerous in around goal and brought team mates into the game. Wasn’t without some blunders, but I would have thought he was generally pretty clean and a good decision maker.

Im not saying he is or isnt a good player, i dint know because ive never seen him play. But for a number 1 pick, them videos were hardly inspiring. Barely hit a target by foot in field kicking. No signs of breakaway pace from clearances. No stand out attribute in general play from them highlights for mine. The mid who goes #1 in the draft should have a pretty good highlights reel you’d think

Like i said, i hope he’s better than them videos. I presume he is if he’s touted as the #1

I understand what you are saying.
It’s amazing when a mid in 2 games can have 8 shots on goal, kick 6 goals, have 50 possessions pass off another 3 opportunities for his team mates to have shots and still many say he is under whelming.

Footy smarts and gut running is what McCluggage builds his games on, and that is why much like Merrett they are unnoticed until people see the stat sheet.

Cotchin like

Cotchin like

But with testicles.

As soon as I heard that comparison I moved on

think cotchin would’ve been quite the player if he didn’t get the captaincy dumped on him and all that expectation that richmond have. Not the say he’s bad, but I think it stunted his potential.

think cotchin would've been quite the player if he didn't get the captaincy dumped on him and all that expectation that richmond have. Not the say he's bad, but I think it stunted his potential.

100%.

Both he and Marc Murphy are shadows of the players they were 3-4 years ago. They have both gone backwards and perhaps are a lesson in not annointing captains too young.

Well Knightmare likens him to Akermanis if it helps you get your head around him.

Well Knightmare likens him to Akermanis if it helps you get your head around him.

knightmare please…

think cotchin would’ve been quite the player if he didn’t get the captaincy dumped on him and all that expectation that richmond have. Not the say he’s bad, but I think it stunted his potential.

100%.

Both he and Marc Murphy are shadows of the players they were 3-4 years ago. They have both gone backwards and perhaps are a lesson in not annointing captains too young.

i think its more that they aren’t leaders.

knightmare please…

100%.

i think its more that they aren’t leaders.

Yes but in fairness who was the last great captain of Richmond… They would have to be the hardest club to lead. Just a rabble on the field, off the field and in the coaches box.

I think Cotchin is a leader but just not a great one. That club needs a great one. He also has nobody helping him out. I’m not sure who there leadership group is but to be fair I think they would be collectively as inspiring and influential as Doveton U/12’s.

LOL. Doesn’t even have a goatee.

LOL. Doesn’t even have a goatee.

bring out the hair bleach.

I thought he was more sidebottom like

Didn’t excite me that much. But I still WANT. I’m so confused.

I see a lot of Cotchin in him.

Didn't excite me that much. But I still WANT. I'm so confused.

I see the potential for the player cotchin could have been.

I still want ainsworth, can’t have too many people that get the ball a lot, kick goals and just break open the game dobbing 3 in the 3rd quarter.

I still want ainsworth, can’t have too many people that get the ball a lot, kick goals and just break open the game dobbing 3 in the 3rd quarter.

Doesn’t mcluggage do that?

I don’t see mccluggage absolutely go nuts for a quarter and monster anyone and everyone. he’s consistent over the 4 though.

I don’t see mccluggage absolutely go nuts for a quarter and monster anyone and everyone. he’s consistent over the 4 though.

Fair enough, they both seem to be the blitz faves for our pick. Why isn’t there much love for Brodie?

Fair enough, they both seem to be the blitz faves for our pick. Why isn’t there much love for Brodie?

honestly? i don’t see it. seems a poor man’s priddis.