If a band / artist could make another album who would you like it to be?

GG Allin and the Murder Junkies

lol

Jeff Buckley

Absolutely.

Also, Kings of Leon. Two brilliant albums then just stopped making music. Sad.

Jeff Buckley

Wouldn't be regarded anywhere near what he is now if he released another thing.

One Inch Punch (Mid Youth Crisis)

frick, I'd be happy with an EP

or Beastie Boys (if similar to early stuff)

the verve.

The Beatles

mother love bone

Lynyrd Skynyrd with Ronnie out front...they were on the verge of something special (imo) when that damn plane crash happened. :(

Talking Heads,were ahead of there time.

So now would be good . 

Zed Leppelin X1

The Hollies (original lineup)

Talking Heads,were ahead of there time.

So now would be good . 

Not sure about this.

Stop Making Sense was their pinnacle in my opinion. Cracking live arrangements of earlier versions whilst accomodating D Byrne's expanding musical base prior to succumbing to the blandness of Little Creatures and True Stories and then the self indulgent experimentation of Naked.

I'd agree with you if pre-'85 Talking Heads were to turn up today.

While I like this topic and some of the posts have been great and make me wonder what if...

But should we not let sleeping dogs lie. Bands usually end because they have run of material to write. (Commonly referred to as "artistic" differences.) Some end because they died or a particular member of the band died. Think Queen, INXS, Doors.

I was watching a clip of Stevie Wright doing Evie Parts 1 - 3 filmed in 1987. It was great. It seemed he was off the gear and the band was great. But then I noted that this song was originally recorded in 1974. 13 years on he could not surpass it.

Did the Stones ever surpass their golden era of Let it Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street? Not in my opinion there were moments of greatness that followed but they couldn't put albums like that together any more.

What bands that have made comebacks have been successful? And I don't mean bands living on past glories. I mean with new material that was as good if not better? I can't think of one readily.

Imagine the let down of Cream reforming and playing all new stuff that was inferior to their old stuff. Their reputation would be in tatters.

Remember the past for what it was because it will never happen again.

Locko, let your imagination run wild!!!!

Locko, let your imagination run wild!!!!

I'll try. I am turning into a grumpy old man. I will try to snap out of it. Ah imagination, freedom...youth (sighs wistfully)

Another Nirvana album would be awesome. Or a Kurt solo album. In Utero was pretty raw and unique, I'd love to see where there next album would go. Dunno about them going 'softer' (I think Wim mentioned Infinite Sadness) but Kurt did mention colaborating with Michael Stype in some form, could have been anything I suppose. I think Kurt really got into the Unplugged gig, apparently he was really nervous about it and wanted it to be really good, wanted to prove to people that they weren't just about screaming and being out of tune. But that might have just been Kurt.

Actually, recently 2 of my favourite bands got back together and released albums; Tumbleweed and Soundgarden, but I was pretty underwhelmed, particularly by SG.

I was going to make a bit of a joke and say The Traveling Wilburys, but seriously, I would love to hear another album from them.

Then again, wishes like this should be taken very seriously, as Soulnet the genie is only granting us one wish!

Murray Head.

OK, probably more suitable for another music thread, lol.

Another nirvana album? Only if it’s written mostly by Kurt and it’s punk rock

Would love another Van Halen record (either vocalist),another Montrose record (can't happen now) and another Chickenfoot record.

Roy Buchanan