If a band / artist could make another album who would you like it to be?

I was thinking about this today with Michael Jackson's upcoming album release.

So if you could get any band / artist to create another album who would it be? There are no restrictions here. They could be dead or alive!

I'll get my jacket...

wa wa nee

Ratcat are due.

Spice Girls

Aqua

I’d love to see what Hendrix could do with a modern studio and effects. I probably wouldn’t like it as much as his old stuff, but it would be interesting.

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Igor Sikorsky, you have a lot to answer for.

Peter Andre, dead.

Morphine

I'd love to see what Hendrix could do with a modern studio and effects. I probably wouldn't like it as much as his old stuff, but it would be interesting.

Me too. l remember reading an an interview a couple of months before he died, and there was a question about his future music direction. Jimi said he was interested in what Pink Floyd was doing and the direction they were taking. Now that did sound very interesting. Who knows where he would have taken music had he someday got around to collaborating with them? 

Richard Farina. Married the sister of Joan Baez and a contemporary and friend of Bob Dylan just before he made it big. Wrote one novel 'l've Been Down So Long That It Looks Like Up To Me,' which the Doors later turned into a song. Wrote some killer songs, including Reno, Nevada, Morgan the Pirate and The Bold Marauder. Died tragically young in a motorcycle accident. Could have been anything.   

I'd love to see what Hendrix could do with a modern studio and effects. I probably wouldn't like it as much as his old stuff, but it would be interesting.

Me too. l remember reading an an interview a couple of months before he died, and there was a question about his future music direction. Jimi said he was interested in what Pink Floyd was doing and the direction they were taking. Now that did sound very interesting. Who knows where he would have taken music had he someday got around to collaborating with them?
He certainly would have embraced technology, as he was a pioneer in that regard in his day. But I doubt he would have forgotten his blues roots. It would have been amazing seeing him play with Stevie Ray Vaughan, who Boot mentioned earlier.

He certainly would have embraced technology, as he was a pioneer in that regard in his day. But I doubt he would have forgotten his blues roots. It would have been amazing seeing him play with Stevie Ray Vaughan, who Boot mentioned earlier.

Well SRV did a fair cover of Voodoo Chile. to hear them both let rip on that would have been nothing less than senbloodysational. l would also have like to hear Hendrix play with Robin Trower another great guitarist who used Hendrix as one of his main sources of inspiration.  

Radiohead or Bjork. I'm not picky.

I hate to sound obvious, but Nirvana.

I get the feeling it would have been  White Album/Infinite Sadness style opus.

Good call on Wa Wa Nee and Ratcat, though.

Better than ■■■■ that would be be.

DROOOOOOLLLL

I’d love to see what Hendrix could do with a modern studio and effects. I probably wouldn’t like it as much as his old stuff, but it would be interesting.

Well SRV did a fair cover of Voodoo Chile. to hear them both let rip on that would have been nothing less than senbloodysational. l would also have like to hear Hendrix play with Robin Trower another great guitarist who used Hendrix as one of his main sources of inspiration.

SRV’s cover of Little Wing is even better than the original IMO. I think Trower did get to play with his idol at some point. I’ll have to look that up and see if it was ever recorded.
Of the current crop I reckon Derek Trucks is amazing. It would be great to see him play with Hendrix or SRV.

I hate to sound obvious, but Nirvana.

I get the feeling it would have been  White Album/Infinite Sadness style opus.

Good call on Wa Wa Nee and Ratcat, though.

Cobain and Lennon should make an album together. As should Ono and Love.

Ono would ■■■■■ slap Love so hard!

SRV's cover of Little Wing is even better than the original IMO. I think Trower did get to play with his idol at some point. I'll have to look that up and see if it was ever recorded.
Of the current crop I reckon Derek Trucks is amazing. It would be great to see him play with Hendrix or SRV.

Little Wing is one of those great songs that plenty have covered and done a better version than the original. Clapton's version on Layla is excellent as well. 

Speaking of which, l could handle another Cream album. Their reunion concert at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago shows they still got the licks, can still kick. Need some decent new tunes, but l would love to see it happen. 

Jeff Buckley