If a band / artist could make another album who would you like it to be?

Small faces with Steve Marriott out front, not that big nosed guy they got later. He went on to nothing much anyway.

I wish Ben Macmillan was still alive and still recording. Skin Yard and Gruntruck were fuggin awesome.

I’d happily take another Mad Season or Gas Huffer album, too.

Small faces with Steve Marriott out front, not that big nosed guy they got later. He went on to nothing much anyway.

And with Ronnie Lane on bass, don't forget him.

Little Feat.

Don't Bogart that joint, my friend!

Pass it over to me.

Roll another one

Just like the other one

the problem isnt that you wished they'd make another album, some wish they'd stopped.

Whatever the merits (J&Z!) of the "new" version (thats lasted 5 times longer than the original), IMO the real "feat" WAS Lowell and well... he wouldn't have kept churning out the **** if he hadn't been doing so much of it... and thats what killed him. 

The irony, the irony.

Best "comeback" would have to be "the Band" circa 72, before Robbie's hollywood head crushed what made them so unique: they really were a "band" first and foremost. Only band I've ever seen that had the audience repeatedly yelling at them to "shut the fark up and just sing"

Amazingly a lot of the others I woulda trotted out 5 years ago are back doing it again: MBV, dinosaur jnr, Buffalo tom etc etc even the Mats!!!!!. Yay!

Thread just inspired me to download the first Traveling Willburys album. Ta.

don't they have it on vinyl

Hendrix.

Love to hear what he'd be on about, post-age-of-peace-and-love.

Thrash/noise metal phase?

Ah, yep. No turntable in my car though. I took it out, I found the records jumped over rumble strips.

lol.The only turntable I own these days is a silly thing for turning vinyl into digital files.

It's a poxy, poxy thing imo, but free to a good home if anyone really needs/wants one of those things.

Tool. It’s been 8 years already, ffs!

Ah, yep. No turntable in my car though. I took it out, I found the records jumped over rumble strips.

lol.The only turntable I own these days is a silly thing for turning vinyl into digital files.

It's a poxy, poxy thing imo, but free to a good home if anyone really needs/wants one of those things.

geez im a luddite compared to you then.

I still buy CDs.

At the Drive-In would be awesome.

My immediate reaction to this thread title was no one, but it kept nagging at me and then I got to thinking about Eric Dolphy. Dolphy was an adventurous multi instrumentalist who had contributed to a series of great works from the likes of Mingus and Coltrane but rarely recorded as a leader. In early 64 he recorded “Out To Lunch”, which was received flatly at the time but is now considered a must for any modern jazz collection and one of the greatest Avant Garde albums ever. Penguin Guide to Jazz, the jazz Bible, awarded it the coveted “crown”; the only other 64 album to receive one was Andrew Hill‘s “Point of Departure” which Dolphy also played on.
“Out to Lunch” Isn‘t easy listening but the music is more structured than most “free music” of the time and it feels like the beginning of something genuinely new. We‘ll never really know if it was because he died soon after in June of 64 from undiagnosed diabetes at the age of 36.
He was regularly recorded in 64 including this wonderful video from Finland with the Mingus band who he‘d only just rejoined. Nothing really scary in this piece but listening to Dolphy‘s inspired bass clarinet solo from around 4.30 in reveals a musician working on a different plane. He died 2 months later.

"When you hear music, after it's over, it's gone, in the air. You can never capture it again." Eric Dolphy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuCbQCnoIzI

Radio birdman

The Butterfly Effect with Clint Boge

The Eastern Dark

mother love bone

Couldn't agree more, would love to have seen where they were heading.

My immediate reaction to this thread title was no one, but it kept nagging at me and then I got to thinking about Eric Dolphy. Dolphy was an adventurous multi instrumentalist who had contributed to a series of great works from the likes of Mingus and Coltrane but rarely recorded as a leader. In early 64 he recorded “Out To Lunch”, which was received flatly at the time but is now considered a must for any modern jazz collection and one of the greatest Avant Garde albums ever. Penguin Guide to Jazz, the jazz Bible, awarded it the coveted “crown”; the only other 64 album to receive one was Andrew Hill‘s “Point of Departure” which Dolphy also played on.
“Out to Lunch” Isn‘t easy listening but the music is more structured than most “free music” of the time and it feels like the beginning of something genuinely new. We‘ll never really know if it was because he died soon after in June of 64 from undiagnosed diabetes at the age of 36.
He was regularly recorded in 64 including this wonderful video from Finland with the Mingus band who he‘d only just rejoined. Nothing really scary in this piece but listening to Dolphy‘s inspired bass clarinet solo from around 4.30 in reveals a musician working on a different plane. He died 2 months later.

"When you hear music, after it's over, it's gone, in the air. You can never capture it again." Eric Dolphy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuCbQCnoIzI

Cool solo. Was he tripping on acid?

mother love bone

Not sure if you're serious, as obviously a couple of them went on to form Pearl Jam.

Personally, I thought Mother Love Bone sucked, (apart from the singer having an awesome name).

mother love bone

Not sure if you're serious, as obviously a couple of them went on to form Pearl Jam.

Personally, I thought Mother Love Bone sucked, (apart from the singer having an awesome name).

Well aware of the history of Mother Love Bone/Pearl Jam and I think they have very different sounds despite some carry over in band members.

I probably should have said I wanted to see what Andrew Wood could have done if thrust into stardom, they talk about it a little at the start of the PJ20 doco and how he was born to perform in stadiums.

Cool solo. Was he tripping on acid?

Unlikely, isn't 64 a bit early for acid?

But he did die from herion abuse, just not his own. He was a diabetic and when he was taken to hospital with insulin shock the staff figured, black, Jazz muso and from the US and concluded he'd passed out from an OD and he never received the treatment he needed. Jazz at the time was full of egos and yet Mingus said he was a saint who everyone loved. He was a lover of "out there" modern classical composers such as Schoenberg which might account for some of his uniqueness.

If you want to listen to something really wild get a hold of the Coltrane quintet at Village Vanguard 61 where Dolphy and Coltrane wailed the place down over 4 extraordinary nights. Philip Larkin, the great British poet and part time jazz critic, called the music they created "ugly on purpose". High praise indeed.