If it's Bloods we can kill it- Match day thread round 2 Syd v Ess SCG 23 Mar 2024

The game against them up there in 2022 was when I knew Rutten was toast. It was earlyish in the year and we “only” lost by 10 goals but it was probably the most uncompetitive performance in an era that’s been defined by uncompetitive performances. We literally stood there while they chipped the ball around us with ease.

I’m not sure what we are going to get today - certainly don’t expect a win but I’d love to see a competitive performance and a semblance o an identifiable brand and system. There were warning signs last week, let’s hope it was an aberration.

6 hour drive down from Coffs Harbour complete. It’s warm and sunny today in Sydney. Perfect for smashing the beers and heading to the game. I can’t wait!

15 Likes

tsunami?

Good thread title.

6 Likes

It’s unbalanced. We have three rucks and no CHF.

Dons by 74.

5 Likes

I always admire your resilience.

2 Likes

Enjoy!

If we win, I’m looking forward to GWS social media team reaction

2 Likes

Bin chooks by 35 pts, a couple of umpire assisted goals in this.

1 Like

■■■■ YEAH FOOTY.
LET’S GO

2 Likes

They’ll win because they’re just a far better team. They won’t even need those ■■■■■■ at AFL house.

As long as there’s 4 quarter effort, no head ducking and just flying that farking flag when it warrants it.

Sydney by the amount of talent and development they have vs, er, well, look dead bird!

I just watched 28 games, story of the 1993 baby bombers, on Kayo.

I have faith….

1 Like

Bin chickens gonna take 400 down the line marks and our 3 tall timbers will do nothing. I’ll quote myself later.

I just can’t wait to see what gimmicky bullshit happens to get the swans over the line tonight.

2 Likes

Their fans will sing Sweet farking Caroline until our players puke all over their own boots

We don’t kick down the line anymore.

Lamb shoulder on the weber kettle, just mowed the lawn, bout to pop down the bottle shop, beautiful 28 degrees and blue skies

Well thats enough thats gone right today, get this drubbing over with!

26 Likes

Only downhill from here mate

Heppells 200th and then a few days later X’s contract extension was leaked on the News. I threw the towel in after that and didn’t watch again until Ruttens last game

2 Likes