If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

Talk about wishy washy cr@p

1 Like

Thank god for that. Rampe meant no malice when he climbed the goal post. I misread this whole incident as I was convinced he was trying to hump it against its will.

24 Likes

Obviously related to the Fonz- the word ‘sorry’ was distinctly lacking.
Pathetic excuses all round.
Come on Essendon - say something!! (Disappointing blah blah…)

Lloydy nailed it on the AFL site. There is gambling involved, so to say the decision was wrong will open the AFL up to a whole new ■■■■ storm above just fking up and screwing over Essendon, again. I don’t particularly want the win as we were dogshit, and I’m still not over the anger today.
I would like us to have a spine and just call it out, but we won’t. It adds to the anger of the weekends loss, but is not by far my biggest concern coming out of Friday night.

1 Like

Communication professionals on the AFL site saying Rampe will get two “please explain”s.

Ol’ Gil will be annoyed at that.

In some ways this may prove to be a turning point. It is showing the AFL for who they are. They make a mistake, double down on it by arguing the umpire was right, and then try to cover it up by not allowing the audio with Stringer. In one sense they are snookered. It’s like the saga but this time everyone can see it, even Kevin Bartlett, Jon Ralph and Tim Lane.

As I commented in another post, the article by Chip Le Grand on November 13 2015 told the real story of the saga that only two out of 27 Essendon players tested positive to TB4. Other clubs were roughly the same.

I wonder how they will compensate us this time.

2 Likes

No, the other clubs had a much higher rate of “abnormal” readings for TB4.

12 Likes

Oh god, just all shut up and get shafted again ??? No no no

Here we go again.
■■■■■■ Sydney took the win. You don’t hear them saying “oh in fair sportsmanship we will give up the 4 points because we are embarrassed about the way we won” Bullshit they will, they’ll take the win and call “suckers” to us. ■■■■ 'em.

5 Likes

Maybe behind closed doors there is a reason we are getting some good trades done…

Lets have this weekend roll around and see how we respond.

Its exciting, the AFL is becoming more like WWE in terms of its manufactured outcomes…

Keeps the punters coming back for more.

Oh and Sydney must pencil in at least one home win every year. If I were them I would be requestibg us.

EFC… Total ■■■■■ at the SCG for as long as you can remember.

Looks like Rampe could do with a hug. Where’s Hep at

1 Like

Agreed

How some people think we would lookCapture

How we would actually look
Leave

3 Likes

OK maybe not “I don’t particularly wan’t the win” but at this point i don’t really care as I am just angry .

Agreed.

1 Like

Isn’t that what we said after Anzac Day?

Isn’t that what we said last week-end?

I’m over it. Just win a ■■■■■■■ important game.

1 Like

Maybe our story line is that we get reamed by the umpires at the start of the season, but then Heppell saves an umpires life on the field and then we get favourable umpiring for the rest of the season and win the Grand Final with a free kick count of 50-6.

1 Like

Obviously we schedule in the loss against Sydney to prop up AFL support in the northern states. I think its in return for the Danihers, past present and forever into the future.

The AFL’s time will come one day.

What the banking royal commission highlighted is the lack of trust in major institutions and the consequences for those in charge.

It can be done. Jackson Taylor was this close. But the clubs and their fans need to come together. AFL’s divide and conquer strategy is the only thing it’s got. Just happens to be effective coz I farken hate every other club.

4 Likes

The other side of the coin is this.

Gil effectively gave the green light for umpires to enforce the rules when it meets their definition of “practical”.

Now, if you were a criminal type who wanted to corrupt an umpire to help fix matches or part of matches, you know that umpires have this kind of licence and that they won’t ever face any repercussions for not applying the rules. Would knowing this this encourage you or discourage you from trying to pay-off umpires?

3 Likes